(221209) Equine Oral Dental Extraction Techniques A 2-Day Practical Boutique Course (max. 24 Vets)
VetPD - Veterinary Professional Development
Date: Friday 9th December, 2022 - Saturday 10th December, 2022
Start time: 7:30 AM - 5:45 PM
Duration: 15 hour(s)
Oral extraction techniques have been shown to cause much fewer post-interventional complications in horses compared to surgical extraction techniques. Performing oral dental extractions should however not be taken lightly as complications like dental fractures, retained root tips, collateral damage etc. can easily occur and require in-depth anatomical knowledge, good technical skills and clinical versatility to resolve. This 2-day highly practical boutique course (max. 24 attendees) is aimed at practitioners with a good working knowledge in equine dentistry who want to learn about various oral dental extraction techniques, how to apply them clinically and managing arising complications. The panel of internationally renowned specialists will be sharing technical tips and tricks and pearls of wisdom that they have accumulated over the many years of working in equine dental practice.
Between both afternoons the 7 hours of practical sessions will provide an intimate environment for attendees to develop their practical skills on equine specimens in true small groups (2-3 vets per specimen) at the following stations:
Oral Examination & Endoscopy
Diagnostic Imaging – Radiography etc.
Local Anesthetic Techniques (incl. TMJ)
Incisor & Canine Extractions
Oral Extraction Techniques for Cheek Teeth I
Oral Extraction Techniques for Cheek Teeth II
The course fee includes lunches, coffee/tea breaks, extensive course notes and a certificate of attendance. Attendees can choose to only attend the lectures (= Lectures Only) on this course or can register for the entire course (= Lectures & Practical Sessions). On the evening of the first day all attendees are invited to attend the wine and cheese reception. Early course registration is recommended as there are only a limited number of places available.
Who is it for?
Qualified Vets. Discounted prices available for: Veterinary Technicians, Veterinary Students, Veterinary Interns and Residents.
Peterson Smith Equine Hospital, Ocala, FLOcala, FL (Orlando International Airport)
Number of CPD hours this event can be recorded as
Registration and Booking
More from VetPD - Veterinary Professional Development
- (221014) Equine Joint & Tendon Sheath Ultrasound Lectures (online), On-Location Case-Discussions & Practical Sessions
- (221021) Beyond Basics: Modern Diagnostic & Therapeutic Techniques in Equine Dentistry A 2-Day Practical Course
- (221021) Back, Sacroiliac & Pelvic Problems of the Horse Lectures (online), On-Location Case-Discussions & Practical Sessions
- (221104) Ultrasound-Guided Orthopedic Injection Techniques & Therapies Lectures (online), On-Location Case-Discussions & Practical Sessions
- Abdominal, Thoracic & Soft Tissue Ultrasound Lectures (online), On-Location Case-Discussions & Practical Sessions