A Vet's Guide To Small Scale Pig Producers And Pet Pig Owners - Onsite CPD
Royal Veterinary College
Date: Friday 3rd February, 2023 - Friday 3rd February, 2023
Start time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
t is time to upskill your knowledge and gain practical advice from practicing farm vets on how to approach pig calls and practise surgical procedures and blood sampling on our pig simulator models.
This course aims to allow vets from all areas of veterinary practice who are asked to see pigs in their daily work to strengthen and build on their knowledge and skills. The course will include seminars which can be tailored to the specific needs of attending vets, as well as practical sessions.
Key areas covered
• Clinical examination
• Common diseases and treatments
• Sedations and surgical procedures
• Biosecurity, pig health planning, and diagnostic testing
• Notifiable diseases
• Euthanasia of pigs
Who is it for?
Beth Reilly BVetMed PGDipVCP PGCertVetEd FHEA MRCVS, Teaching Fellow in Small Ruminant Health and Flock Management, RVCPete Siviter BVetMed MRCVS, Farm Veterinary Surgeon, Synergy Farm Health
Number of CPD hours this event can be recorded as
Registration and Booking
Click here to reserve your place
More from Royal Veterinary College
- Introduction to orthopedics surgery
- eCPD Abdominal ultrasonography online
- Webinar Plus: A coaching approach to line management and leadership in the veterinary workplace 2022
- Small animal medical nursing online
- Webinar Plus: Journal club with critical appraisal of the veterinary literature: Focus on small animal practice and emergency medicine