Small Mammal Nursing Online 2022
Royal Veterinary College
Date: Monday 6th June, 2022 - Sunday 17th July, 2022
Start time: 9:00 AM - 9:00 AM
How comfortable are you with nursing a rabbit, rodent or other small mammal?This course will cover the general approach to nursing the small mammal patient, including species-specific biology, nutritional and husbandry needs. Stabilisation, anaesthesia and some more advanced critical care techniques will also be discussed to develop a logical and comprehensive approach to the nursing care of these species.Why do this course?You will build upon your current nursing skills to learn how to formulate a comprehensive nursing care plan for the commonly presented small mammal species, based on their nutritional and environmental needs. You will also gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of how to safely anaesthetise these species and how to approach the critical patient.
Who is it for?
Kelly Deane, FdSC RVN CertVNESExotics Veterinary NurseThe Royal Veterinary CollegeAbigail Edis, FdSc RVN CertVNESExotics Veterinary NurseThe Royal Veterinary College
Number of CPD hours this event can be recorded as
Registration and Booking
More from Royal Veterinary College
- Surgical procedures of the head and neck
- eCPD Equine computed tomography online - the head, neck and limbs 2022
- eCPD Emergency patient online 2022
- Lets get physical practical physiotherapy and rehabilitation online for nurses 2022
- Webinar Plus: Euthanasia and bereavement - understanding and supporting your clients, your colleagues and yourself 2022