Diagnostic Laboratory Business Technical Manager
7 months ago
Seven Animal Health
England, England, United KingdomOverview:
This is a lead role in the Diagnostic Labs and involves working with external partners and internal stakeholders, including laboratory staff and clinical teams across the hospitals to meet the day-to-day and long-term targets of the Diagnostic Labs.
The job holder is responsible for;
• Business relationship management and promotion of the diagnostic laboratories
• Management of the clinical pathology technicians and office and administrative teams
• Technical oversight of the clinical pathology technical areas (Haematology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Histology) of the Diagnostic Laboratories
1. Involved in business promotion and development by working with the Diagnostic Labs Lead and Business Development Manager to develop and promote the business, both in scale and scope. Undertake promotional activities and assist in the development and implementation of the marketing plan. Under the direction of the laboratory lead work to deliver the strategic direction of the laboratories against the agreed business plan.
2. Responsible and accountable for managing the clinical pathology technical areas of the Diagnostic Labs. This includes Haematology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Histology. Manage staff by organising staff rotas, authorising annual leave and maintaining holiday charts, staff appraisals, one-to-one meetings, oversight of the Senior Technicians’ responsibilities, disciplinary procedures, recruitment and staff interviews, arranging (and chairing) staff meetings and making sure notes are taken. Always ensuring there is adequate clinical pathology technical cover to ensure efficient working practice and service requirements are met.
3. With oversight from the Diagnostic Laboratory Lead, responsibility for financial performance versus budget in the clinical pathology technical areas, including ordering and invoicing, as an authorised signatory. Review pricing structure regularly and advise where and when changes are needed. Review
the yearly budget, such as stock costs, staffing costs, overtime, equipment and CPD with the Diagnostic Labs Lead. A knowledge of accounting systems will be required.
4. Responsible and accountable for stock control in the clinical pathology technical areas of the Labs and full compliance with all legal requirements (e.g. audits). Ensuring adequate supplies of stocks and good rotation, obtaining discounts and liaising with staff regarding orders placed. Authorising equipment service contracts, ordering equipment and maintaining these for the clinical pathology technical areas of the Labs.
5. Responsible and accountable for all Health and Safety aspects within the diagnostic laboratories, including risk and COSHH assessments.
6. Involved in quality assurance and quality control for the clinical pathology technical areas, including relevant QA schemes, test validation and validation of new analysers.
7. Involved in the operational activities of LV, including implementing LV policies and protocols, ensuring full compliance from staff, devising strategies for improvement, managing projects and ensuring effective communication channels exist.
8. To perform such reasonable duties as requested from time to time by
your line manager.
Address: England, England, United Kingdom