Veterinary Sales Representative, Watford, Hertfordshire– Ref:CE11582
Dependant on experience
JHP Recruitment Ltd
Watford, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
This company based in Watford have an exciting opportunity for someone with a biological and/or veterinary background to join their team as a full-time Veterinary Sales Representative.
They provide a range of products and services to veterinary practices, laboratories (state and private) and vaccine manufacturers.
Based in Watford, the veterinary sales rep’s role includes visiting customers and suppliers across the UK, Europe and the USA, as well as attending trade shows and conferences. You will be provided with a company car or with a £5000 PA car allowance.
You will provide support and training to customers whilst working with suppliers to develop mutual businesses. Finding new customers and developing lasting relationships with them forms part of the brief.
The role requires the ability to learn about the scientific applications of the products to be able to discuss them with clients with an appropriate level of understanding. It is essential that the sales rep be personable and able to communicate well. Full training will be provided.
- Identifying business opportunities and evaluating their position in the industry; research and analyse sales options
- Plan and efficiently organise visits to clients across the UK, maximising time and available opportunities – aim to see as many clients as possible whilst ensuring enough time for each meeting
- Sell products by establishing specific needs of clients and relevant product strengths
- Maintain relationships with clients via phone, email and in-person visits - provide support, information and guidance, research and recommend new opportunities and profit and service improvements
- Identify product improvements or new products by researching current industry trends, market activities and competitors
- Prepare reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information
- Ensure products are being used correctly and educate clients where necessary in order to maintain integrity of products
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing networks and visiting suppliers
- Ensure good business relationship with suppliers through good communication and in-person visits
- Maintain company individual products and social media presence
Skills and experience
- Scientific Degree, preferably Biology
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Previous sales experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Must hold full UK drivers’ licence and be willing to spend much time driving around the UK
- Must be willing to occasionally travel abroad to meet suppliers
Tel: 01392 249139
Address: Watford, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom