Field Based Veterinary Advisor (UK&Ireland) - Permanent - Fulltime
£35,000-45,000 (Depending on experience)
Forte Healthcare Ltd
Stamullen, Co. Meath, IrelandDue to continued growth we are looking for another member for our high-performing veterinary team. This is a technical role within a commercial environment and will require you to use your veterinary knowledge, commercial know how and outstanding communication skills to support our sales force and customers.
It is important that you have an interest in the commercial side of the veterinary industry as well as excellent technical knowledge. It is expected that you will develop a deep understanding of the science behind our products, the structure of the small animal, farm and equine veterinary industry as well as competitors and their products.
Full training and support will be provided, along with many opportunities for career development and learning. We are looking for someone who wants to grow and develop with the business and who sees this as a long-term role. Our team are friendly and supportive, so we are looking for a team player who can really contribute to the business (and have some fun while doing so!).
This is a varied role, so flexibility and the ability to manage your own time is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an Irish company that is innovative, progressive and fast-growing, with some extremely exciting product launches coming up in 2020.
a) Sales force support:
• Determine development needs of individual territory managers (both technical and sales skills), in conjunction with National Sales Manager, and institute training and coaching to address these. This may include in-field training, coaching, technical advice and support, centralised group or individual training and involves going out in the field with the sales force each week.
• Provide centralised group or individual training and coaching sessions to sales force, including new starters, in line with development programme, decided in conjunction with National Sales Manager.
• Create training and reference materials for sales and technical teams as required.
• Providing technical advice and support to our sales force on our products/related areas over the phone/video call/in person for all species enquiries (small animal, large animal and equine).
b) Customer support:
• Deliver presentations on our products and key disease areas to veterinary and farmer audiences (commonly breakfast or evening meetings), including student groups at universities and conferences.
• Deliver presentations to veterinary audiences over video call as required.
• Participation on stand at key veterinary shows and congresses.
• Provide effective and timely advice and support to veterinary practices on technical matters and products over the phone as required.
c) Additional responsibilities:
• Being a technical expert on the Forte product portfolio and related disease areas (especially equine and small animal), including industry competitors and their products.
• Develop strategic relationships with and support key veterinary surgeons (KOLs) in line with business KOL strategy.
• Occasionally assist Key Accounts team with technical matters relating to corporate groups.
• Occasionally work with the marketing team to produce training materials, product literature, digital/social media content and articles.
Required qualifications and experience:
• Veterinary Surgeon registered, or eligible to be registered, with the RCVS.
• At least 3 years’ clinical experience in all parts of veterinary practice – small animal, large animal and equine, gained in either the UK or Ireland.
• Acute awareness of the commercial environment of veterinary practice in the UK and Ireland.
• Full driving licence
Desirable qualifications and experience:
• Technical support or commercial experience in the veterinary pharmaceutical industry a distinct advantage, but we would also consider someone looking to make their first move from practice to industry.
• Presentation of information in both oral and written form at various levels.
Key personal skills:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both within and outside of the Company.
• Flexible, able to manage and handle constant change.
• IT literate - familiar with the practical application of IT in a commercial environment, including MS Office.
• A keen interest in maximising the use of new technology for communication.
• Excellent customer-facing skills, both verbally and in writing.
• Sound time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and work well under pressure.
• Ability to handle confidential issues, with tact and diplomacy.
• Persuasive and able to successfully influence others.
• Ability to identify and exploit new business opportunities.
• Confident, energetic and resourceful.
• A drive to make the sale.
• A team player who can work cross-functionally to best support our customers and colleagues.
This role will be predominantly Monday to Friday with occasional weekends at conferences or shows, however time in lieu will be provided. Occasional evening/early morning work to best meet our customer needs will also be expected e.g. for breakfast or evening CPD meetings or travel, for which time in lieu will be provided. This role involves extensive travel across the whole of the UK and Ireland which inevitably includes nights away from home.
This role reports to, and is supported by, the Head of Technical Services & Marketing, and also works closely with the National Sales Manager.
Field based. Ideally the successful candidate will live on the UK mainland and be located centrally near a major airport and other transport links.
A competitive package is on offer including a competitive salary (£35-45K - depending on experience), company car & other benefits.
For more information or to apply please contact Dr Lucy Chadwick, Head of Technical Services & Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply via VetClick platform.
Closing date for applications: 5th January 2020.
Tel: 00353 1 841 7666
Address: Unit 9, Block 3 CityNorth Business Campus, Stamullen, Co. Meath, Ireland