Clinical Specialist (Anaesthesia)
4 weeks ago
Burtons Medical Equipment Ltd
Marden, Kent, United KingdomJob Title: Clinical Specialist (Anaesthesia) – Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £35k-£40k DOE
Location: Burtons HQ, Marden, Kent
Start date: 1st November 2021
An excellent opportunity for a qualified veterinary nurse with a strong interest in anaesthesia to join Burtons Medical Equipment as a part of the Clinical Development Team.
The position is heavily focused on anaesthesia and requires someone with substantial experience of working in a veterinary clinic with an associated anaesthesia role. You may be an experienced anaesthesia nurse or have additional anaesthesia qualifications but overall, you must have a deep interest in veterinary anaesthesia and a desire to further your knowledge and/or qualifications.
Primarily working directly with Clinical Director, Keith Simpson BVSc, MRCVS, MIET(Electronics), the role is part of establishing a clinical training team within Burtons. Within that team you will be responsible for providing internal training and external CPD on all topics of anaesthesia but focusing particularly on patient monitoring and mechanical ventilation. This will cover mainly small animal and large animal species and will suit someone with experience in these areas. Experience of anaesthesia in exotic species would be an advantage. Provision of external CPD will involve delivery of CPD material to practices, regional veterinary meetings, and support of the Clinical Director at national or international meetings. There is also the opportunity to be involved with ongoing research projects running at a number of international veterinary schools.
In addition, the role will include some secondary advisory elements to other departments within Burtons. Firstly, contributing from a clinical perspective on the ongoing development of anaesthesia products manufactured by Burtons, as well as advising on procurement options for anaesthesia equipment manufactured elsewhere. Secondly, advising the other customer-facing departments within Burtons – namely Sales, Service and Marketing – whilst most certainly not being required or targeted to ‘sell’ directly.
The role is permanent and full-time and will be mainly based at the Burtons headquarters in Marden, Kent, but will involve travelling away from this location as required.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Developing and delivering engaging, innovative CPD and customer training courses for the veterinary profession
- Identifying and engaging in clinical research opportunities external to Burtons
- Delivering internal clinical training to Burtons frontline teams
- Writing clinical content, articles, and blog posts for publication in industry journals and online, as required
- Assisting with and proofing other content published by Burtons for its clinical relevance and accuracy, as required
- Advising on potential new anaesthesia products for procurement to the Burtons range, as required
- Assisting the Research & Development Team at Burtons Manufacturing Company with evaluation of potential anaesthesia product developments, as required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Applicants must be a Registered Veterinary Nurse.
- An advanced qualification in anaesthesia would be advantageous
- Otherwise, an appetite to take further anaesthesia qualifications
- Must have excellent communication skills, be personable and be comfortable delivering training to an audience
- Must be capable of good time-management and be individually motivated
- Requiring good written English and proofreading skills
- A good analytical mind
- An eye for the ‘big picture’, both in terms of developments in veterinary medicine and in understanding Burtons’ commercial objectives
Tel: 01622 834311
Address: Guardian Industrial Estate, Pattenden Lane, Marden, Kent, United Kingdom