Business Support Manager Required To Work From Home In Ireland
4 weeks ago
Bath, Somerset, United KingdomDue to our continued growth, IVC Ireland are looking to recruit for second Business Support Manager to join our tight-knit, fun and hardworking team!
IVC Evidensia is quickly growing and is now the largest veterinary group in Northern Europe. IVC was established in 2011 and through acquisition has since gone from strength to strength. IVC’s key philosophy is that all of our veterinary practices remain independent. IVC Ireland was established in 2018 and has continued to grow its presence in the Irish veterinary market through acquisition.
The main purpose of the job is ensuring the successful integration of new surgeries into the group and supporting Clinical Directors & Practice Managers in the operational management of their business.
The Business Support Manager will be the day-to-day point of contact with the practice and an important link between the surgeries and the Central Support Office. As part of this role, they will promote the vision and values of IVC Evidensia throughout the group.
This is essentially a supportive, consultative and communicative function, which leaves decision-making in the hands of the Clinical Directors. The BSM can offer advice and coach Clinical Directors and Practice Managers in how to manage situations, and can communicate any concerns or needs to the Operations Manager.
Key Tasks/Scope of Job:
• New Clinical Director, Practice Manager and Surgery Inductions
• New Clinical Director and Practice Manager Inductions
• Support the surgery management in the understanding of IVC financial processes and the understanding of their P&L
• Ensure the IVC Marketing strategies are introduced to new management teams and endeavour to implement Pet Health Club, Next Appointment and Destination Pet strategies to all surgeries
• Understand the property requirements of the Group you are supporting and be the point of contact between the property team and the surgery for any developments that are required
• Ensure that group policies and procedures are being followed in each site.
• Ensure local pricing is reviewed at least twice a year with local competition; any recommendations made by IVC are actioned and a Group Veterinary Advisor or CD Support is introduced if pricing is an issue
• Facilitate the implementation of IVC Evidensia’s clinical and non-clinical suppliers
• Introduce the IVC HR team to manage any HR issues
Skills and experience specification:
• Understanding of HR, Health and Safety. Knowledge of the veterinary industry a distinct advantage
• A strong ability to coach and mentor
• Ability to analyse problems and develop flexible, creative solutions
• Ability to develop business and promote growth
• A proven self-starter with a ‘can do’ approach
• Previous experience in a generalist business operation role, preferably in a multi-site business covering most of the tasks listed above
• Willingness, experience and confidence to take ownership of tasks and coach the practices in achieving targets
• Demonstrates an attention to detail
• Self-confident and proactive
• Negotiable salary depending on experience
• This role is full time permanent role, based from home
• Travel will be required to practice across Ireland, in a Covid safe environment
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with service based holiday entitlement increases
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits- various discounts including retail, Cycle to Work scheme & gym memberships
• CPD/training support
• Company sick pay
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Address: Station House, Ashley Avenue, Bath, Somerset, United Kingdom