Equine Veterinary Surgeon Intern Required At Fyrnwy Equine Group, Shrewsbury
Up to £25,000 pa
Fyrnwy Equine Group
Shrewsbury, Shropshire, United Kingdom
Fyrnwy Equine Group are looking for our next vets to join our revamped 12 & 18 month’ Internship Programme.
Summary of program:
- 12/18 month internship
- Dedicated mentor and constant support provided by the veterinary and nursing teams
- Clinic, ambulatory, stud and referral case load; rostered to allow a great work life balance
- Referral caseload overseen by European specialist and American diplomat in Equine Surgery and Equine Medicine offering a full spectrum of routine and emergency services
- Extensive involvement with in-patient care and general anaesthesia
- Fortnightly journal clubs and monthly textbook rounds
- Programme of practical tutorials throughout the internship
- Growing, friendly team with enthusiasm for education of interns and students
- Accommodation, vehicle and phone provided
- Our intern vets complete the programme which often leads to ongoing employment with us, options to gain experience further in medicine, surgical, ambulatory, racecourse and stud work.
Fyrnwy Equine Group is a well-established two practice, 18 vet, 100% equine RCVS accredited and approved Graduate Development Practice, covering Shropshire, Cheshire, Mid/North Wales and surrounding counties.
The main clinic is based in Shropshire, which is a fully equipped surgical and inpatient facility with a large first opinion and diplomat-led referral service. We are the only practice in Shropshire with a standing MRI unit.
About the Team and Culture
Our team is made up of 18 vets, with 1 European Surgical specialist and 1 American Diplomat Medicine. We also have 4 nurses and 15+ support staff.
This role will suit a new graduate or a vet who wants to gain the invaluable learning experience that an internship programme offers. To be successful you must be MRCVS.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6852 when applying for this role.
Address: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, United Kingdom