Trainee/Experienced Practice Manager Required At GKG Vets In Newbury, Berkshire
1 month ago
£24,000 - £30,000
Newbury, Berkshire, United KingdomWe have an amazing opportunity for a Trainee or experienced Practice Manager to join our outstanding cohesive team at GKG Vets on a full-time basis to support the Clinical Director in the management of the practice and the development of the business, promoting improvements and being an active member of the Management Team. You would work 40 hours per week across 5 days on a 1:4 Saturday rota.
You would manage, lead, and develop the members of a great reception team to ensure excellent continuous teamwork delivering what is already a high standard of customer care.
Duties would include:
• To ensure that all support functions within the practice always run effectively through clear communication, leadership, and management
• To ensure adequate reception cover and that shifts are allocated in line with the needs of the business.
• Manage staff annual appraisals and provide regular feedback on performance.
• Manage Employee Relations with HR support and in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
• Coordination of the maintenance and repair of the premises
• To liaise with the Business Support Manager and colleagues at Head Office to ensure effective communication, co-ordination, and co-operation
• Dealing with client concerns and complaints
• Having a good knowledge of the business
• Financial understanding of the business
• Debt management
• Processing invoices
• Cash management and banking
• Marketing of the business
• Regular communications with the business support manager and other members of the company
• Implementing and adhering to health and safety policies
• Carry out any additional duties requested by the partners or senior management.
At GKG Vets we are a well-equipped small family friendly practice who love learning and teaching, established for 62 years on our current site we really are part of the community. Sharing all our knowledge is something we love to do, your opinion and input matters to us. We say our practice is like a patchwork quilt, everyone has a piece to bring to create the full picture, from the cleaner to receptionists to the clinical directors to you, everyone has importance and value of different shapes and sizes. We live and breathe by our unique team approach, and we thrive with that ethos.
Large numbers of our clients have been registered with us for many years and these long-term relationships are key to our success and always remain important to us, we truly believe in a cradle to grave relationship with our clients. Currently we are 3.5 FTE, but hope to move to 5.25 soon, supported by a dedicated reception team and four full time RVNs. The vets are split across three branches, but the nursing team, work most of the time in Newbury and work in Thatcham on a rota basis.
What Emma our locum nurse has to say about us - “What I love about your practice is you truly value everybody’s contribution”
We are looking for someone that has worked in a similar environment within veterinary practices, dentists, doctors, or hospitals. You would already have some form of management experience, basic HR and finance knowledge and diary management. You would be a team player valuing everyone you work with and an advocate for a people centric environment and open communication. You will be able to inspire other team members to continue to maintain high levels of clinical care, whilst maintaining efficiency of the clinic’s workload through supportive management and leading-by-example.
As a trainee we will offer you support right from day one, bring your team approach, your willingness to learn and grow and your ideas and we will give you the environment to move your career forward as a Practice Manager.
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH3584 when applying for this role.
Address: St Johns Road, Newbury, Berkshire, United Kingdom