Assistant Practice Manager
1 month ago
St Kitts Veterinary Centre
Hartley Wintney, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Assistant Practice Manager needed in North Hampshire!
A new and exciting role is being developed to support the Practice Manager across 4 independent, family-owned Veterinary Clinics in Hampshire.
The role will ensure the smooth day to day running of all 4 clinics, help develop procedures and processes to ensure a first-class service to our clients and their pets.
Previous Veterinary and/or management experience would be beneficial but not essential.
As Assistant Practice Manager, you will be required to support the Practice manager by managing the team to delivery our professional healthcare as well as identifying and implementing business objectives to maximize the business potential.
In this role you will demonstrate strong leadership and have the ability to promote effective communication with a can do and problem-solving attitude. Good knowledge of word, outlook and Excel.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Assisting in recruitment process – shortlisting CVs, interviews, creating contracts and job descriptions
- Assisting in performance reviews
- Assisting in staff training
- Assisting in creating rotas, approving annual leave, manging absenteeism, conducting return to work interviews
- Assisting in conducting exit interviews
- Assisting with keeping practice policies, handbooks, H+S, RCVS requirements up to date
- Assisting with branch meetings and minute taking
- Assisting in implement new employment legislation
- Assist in developing the practice vision and culture
- Assist in Advertising and promotion of the clinics with support from our external Marketers
- Assisting in IT issues with the support of our external IT company
- Assist in general maintenance of the clinics and organising contractors as needed
- Assist in purchase efficiency
- Assist in pricing reviews
- Assist with customer complaints
- Assist the Practice Manager in general day to day job role
Competitive salary DOE (to be discussed at interview)
Full time 40 hr week Monday – Friday permanent role. The role is based at our office in Hartley Wintney with travel between clinics as needed. Car owner/Driver essential
Flexible CPD budget to allow for growth and progression within role
Staff events throughout the year
Address: High Street, Hartley Wintney, Hampshire, United Kingdom