Nurse Clinical Manager
3 weeks ago
Seven Animal Health
Leeds, Leeds, United KingdomOur client are looking for a candidate with a proven record of team management, strong organisational, delegation and administrative skills. A clear and good communicator, who loves to motivate, support and train teams. Confident in leadership and individual HR support, the candidate we are seeking needs to be primarily strong in managerial skill, with secondary knowledge in veterinary nursing an added benefit.
This role will not involve the individual working as a nurse. The Clinical Nurse Manager position therefore, is open to an individual who would enjoy (and multi-task) the following roles with ease:
• Administering nursing rota, locums, annual leave. Involving complex day and night rota’s involving anything up to 25 nursing team members (RVN, SVN, VCA’s).
• Responsible for all nursing team appraisals, development, training (including SVN and clinical coach support), HR. Strong ‘people skills’ are vital (candidates with existing people-management CPD record preferred.)
• Positive, supportive, consistent team leadership is a must. Any candidate will need to thrive in changing environments, be clear-thinking and positive with their team communication, and ‘lead by example’, when re-organising, managing & supporting nursing teams in their daily work plans.
• Facilitate, minute and action all in-house clinical meetings, journal clubs, SVN-Clinical Coach meetings and CPD events.
• Investigate and respond to customer service/clinical complaints and issues
• Coordinate, plan and assist with all nursing CPD development at Birstall (this a major role of the job, candidates with proven record of teaching/support preferred)
• Develop and control all stock management protocols at Birstall, manage and develop Pharmacy Assistant as part of this role.
• Continue to develop further clinical accreditations, awards and standards at Birstall, whilst ensuring day-to-day continuity of all current clinical checklists, SOP’s and additional protocols in practice (includes maintenance and development of all current RCVS Hospital and RCVS Emergency Clinic checklists, standards and protocols).
• Ensure compliance of all clinical equipment maintenance, usage and colleague training in relation to this.
• Develop program of specialist nurse clinics in practice and associated RVN-training in relation to this.
• Assist daily Management Team with day-to-day workflow, running and 24/7 service in the hospital. Your rota will therefore overlap Mon-Fri, the existing Practice Manager and Client Service Manager’s shifts to ensure on-site continuity of manager presence/support between 7:30am till 8pm every weekday (in addition, all 3 managers therefore work 1 in 3 weekends to continue that support)
Address: Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom