Practice Manager Required At Vet On The Hill, Caterham
Up to £35,000 DOE
Vet On The Hill
Caterham, Surrey, United Kingdom
We have a rare opportunity available for a Practice Manager to join our established team, here at Vet on the Hill. This is a Full-Time role, working 40 hours per week over 4.5 or 5 days, (Monday – Friday). We are flexible and therefore happy to discuss working hours that would suit you.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Management of staff and the workplace, including HR, recruitment, procuring locums, administration of healthcare plans, payroll, and finance
• Ensuring that all support facilities and software platforms within the practice run effectively through clear communication, leadership, and management
• Ensuring an adequate non–clinical staff rota is maintained in line with the business needs,
• Organising training for all non-clinical staff to enable them to perform their duties to a high standard
• Responsibility for banking and cashing up
• Responsibility for debt collection
The salary for this role is up to £35,000 depending on experience.
Vet on the hill was established in 2014 and provides high-quality service and care to our clients. We are a thriving small animal practice in the lovely town of Caterham, within easy reach of the M25, and with London and the beautiful Surrey Hills on our doorstep.
Our practice is a single site and is very well equipped with digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, multi-parameter GA monitors and digital tonometry.
About the Team and Culture
We have a fantastic, supportive, and welcoming team here made up of 7 Vets, 6 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 4 Receptionists/Admin, and 1 Nursing Assistant. Teamwork is central to how we operate, and we have a culture of helping and supporting one another as much as possible. Our team have participated in canoeing, bake offs and fancy-dress for Halloween in the last year, and we encourage ideas for fun activities.
We are looking for a manager who has experience of running a busy workplace or practice, ideally within the veterinary industry or similar. We need an organised individual that has excellent attention to detail, communication and people skills. You must be able to think on your feet and be adaptable. HR knowledge and experience is preferred. Experience of business finance is also preferred.
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6942.
Address: 17 Essendene Road, Caterham, Surrey, United Kingdom