Accounts & Office Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Donaldsons Vets Ltd
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Accounts & Office Manager
Job Title: Accounts & Office Manager
Hours: 35 hours, Mon – Fri 9.00am – 5.00pm
Holidays: 31 days start (inc stat), increase to 34 with service
Job type: Full Time – Permanent
Donaldson’s Vets Ltd are an independently owned veterinary group based across Huddersfield with seven practices including our own hospital.
We care passionately about looking after animals and pride ourselves on providing ‘Total Care’ for pets. We combine truly cutting-edge training, facilities, equipment and premises with good old fashioned personal care.
Due to our continued growth Donaldson’s is currently recruiting for an Accounts & Office Manager. We need a like-minded and professional individual to support our dedicated and expanding team.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a developing organisation and wants to influence the success of the team and the business. There is a need for a ‘hands on’ approach to ensure the team receive the necessary support and direction. You will need to have experience in staff management and managing an accounts team. You will have proven skills and knowledge of the duties of different accounting functions. Excellent organisational and communication skills are paramount as you will be liaising with both management, staff and clients throughout our branches.
If you have experience in a similar role, drive, enthusiasm and with an ambition to be a part of a forward-thinking company this is the job for you.
Additional benefits include Pension, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Staff Discount Scheme.
The salary available for this role will depend entirely on the individuals experience and skills.
Main duties will include
- Overall management of the general office staff including all areas of performance management, appraisals, training & development and progression planning.
- Liaise and support Directors and Management Team
- Oversee and manage the day to day accounting functions within the business including:-
- Sales Ledger
- Purchase Ledger
- Credit Control
- Preparing the management accounts up to Trial Balance for the external accountant
- Authorise purchase payments
- Prepare, reconcile and process quarterly VAT returns
- Corporation Tax Calculations
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Accounting experience essential
- Accounts qualified (AAT or similar)
- Proficient at using Sage Accounts or similar software
- Knowledge & understanding of general office management will be an advantage.
- Proficient at Excel spreadsheets & Word is essential
- Experience of using Google docs would be an advantage
- Attention to detail and good communication skills are essential to this role.
- Excellent organisational & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt, make effective and timely decisions and react to change.
- Sound, interpersonal approach.
- Tendency towards motivating and developing others.
- Ability to work as part of a team towards the overall organisational objectives.
- Drive to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
- The company operates within a dynamic and fast paced environment; to thrive in this role you will need to be friendly, approachable, flexible, highly organised and have excellent communication skills.
- You will be someone that is committed to learning new skills.
- A ‘can do’ attitude with strong personal accountability and a team working ethic for timely completion of tasks.
When applying you should provide a covering letter detailing your salary expectations and availability to commence work.
All candidates must be currently eligible to both live and work in the United Kingdom.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st December 2021
Address: 131 Somerset road, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom