Practice Manager Required For Maternity Cover At The Beeches Veterinary Centre In Melksham, Wiltshire
2 months ago
The Beeches Veterinary Centre
Melksham, Wiltshire, United KingdomAs Practice Manager you will work closely with our Clinical Director and Senior Veterinary Surgeon. You will be responsible for the management of the practice and the development of the business, promoting improvements and being an active member of the team. This is a part time maternity cover role 30 hours per week, occasional Saturdays may be required. No out of hours.
Duties for this role include:
• Leading and developing all team members to ensure a continuous high level of clinical and customer care.
• Supporting the team with the day to day running of the practice
• Hold practice and staff meetings along with senior members of staff
• Ensure that all teams run effectively & efficiently
• Supporting less experienced staff
• Dealing with client concerns and complaints
• Having a good knowledge of the business
• Financial understanding of the business
• Debt management
• Processing invoices
• Cash management and banking
• Marketing of the business
• Diary management arranging cover for sickness or holiday cover
• Liaising with HR with employee issues
• Regular communications with business support manager and other members of the company
• Implementing and adhering to health and safety policies
• Coordinate maintenance and repairs within the practice
The Beeches Veterinary Centre is a dedicated RCVS Accredited Small Animal Practice in Melksham, Wiltshire. We take pride in providing excellence in patient and client care alike, while being part of a fun and supportive team. We aim to make full use of, and develop staff skills within an open and trusting environment and to encourage education for our team members as well as clients.
The practice consists of a separate dog, cat and isolation wards, separate theatre with multi-parameter monitoring system and heated operating table, imaging suite, prep room, dental tub table, a dedicated laboratory and a veterinary ambulance along with client and staff car parking.
The Beeches Veterinary Centre Team is made up of a Clinical Director with a certificate in ECC, 3.5 FTE Veterinary Surgeons, 5 Registered Veterinary Nurses including Head Nurse and Deputy Nurse, 2 Student Nurses and a dedicated reception team including Head and Senior Receptionist. We have a positive, hard-working and fun team who all share the same values about patient and client care. Each member of the team brings something unique to the practice.
The ideal candidate will have previous veterinary experience plus knowledge in HR, Finance, marketing, customer service and IT is a bonus. You will be self-motivated with strong leadership skills and a willing to learn attitude. You will enjoy a challenge as no day is the same.
You will be able to inspire other team members to continue to maintain high levels of clinical care, whilst maintaining efficiency of the clinic’s work load through supportive management and leading-by-example.
Salary dependent on experience.
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH3453 when applying for this role.
Address: 4 Semington Road, Melksham, Wiltshire, United Kingdom