3 weeks ago
circa £20,000 depending on experience
RSPCA Merthyr Tydfil Clinic
Abercanaid, Glamorgan, United KingdomHere at RSPCA Merthyr Tydfil we’re looking for an experienced Clinic Coordinator to join us on a 12 month maternity cover contract. You’ll hold responsibility for day to day management of the clinic, customer care and administrative management.
We provide a veterinary service for sick and injured animals that have been rescued by RSPCA inspectors, and at a low cost for pets belonging to people on low incomes or certain benefits who live in the surrounding community.
The Merthyr Tydfil Animal Clinic at The Willows in Abercanaid, Merthyr Tydfil, was opened in October 2005. We provide an extensive range of veterinary services, including consultations, operations, dentistry, neutering and microchipping. Our team of staff provide expert nursing and veterinary care.
What you’ll be doing as Clinic Coordinator:
- Assessing clients’ entitlement to receive veterinary services
- General telephone and reception duties, providing basic animal welfare advice to clients
- Coordinating the smooth running of daily out-patient clinics
- Providing assistance as required to Veterinary staff e.g. animal handling and drug dispensing
- Coordinating and undertaking general cleaning duties throughout the clinic including equipment, animal quarters and premises
- Monitoring and maintaining stock levels of all drugs, stationary and Veterinary equipment
- Maintaining clinic records
- Undertaking daily cashing up and banking procedures, and monthly cash reconciliation returns
What you’ll have:
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to make sound clinical decisions
- Attention to detail
- Small animal handling experience
- Clinical experience
- Ability to work rotating shifts including some weekends
What’s in it for you:
You’ll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees’ contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
35 hours standard working week, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme; access to private healthcare scheme; support for professional development after qualifying period and access to our employee assistance programme. We also offer free parking on site.
How to apply:
Please visit the RSPCA jobs page to download an application form and full job description.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when sufficient applications are received and applications will be considered as we receive them.
All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request from the Resourcing team.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic we will be holding interviews mostly through Google Meet. For any part of the recruitment process requiring an onsite visit a full assessment will be carried out to ensure everyone’s safety.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of our organisation. We seek to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness, and alleviating suffering to animals.
Address: The Willows, Abercanaid, Glamorgan, United Kingdom