Night Animal Nursing Assistant
2 months ago
5 months ago
5 months ago
Barn Lodge Veterinary Hospital
Ormskirk, Lancashire, United KingdomAn opportunity has arisen to join our diverse and experienced team. We are seeking an Animal Nursing Assistant to join us on a shared rota of evenings/ on call shared between 3 people. This role offers an excellent opportunity to have a great work life balance with the possibility for future career progressions within the veterinary industry.
What you’ll be doing.
As an Animal Nursing Assistant your role will change on a daily basis, maybe even hourly. It’s therefore imperative that you’re able to think on your feet, work well in a team, alone and have fantastic interpersonal and communication skills. Your main priority will be in supporting nurses with their duties, because of the animal interaction you will have it is important you are confident with all small animal species.
Being a animal nursing assistant means a multitude of things. The candidate should be competent in the following skills:
* Communicating with clients via telephone, email and face to face
* Good computer literacy
* Confident handling transactions both cash and card
* Understand the appropriate chains of command within a veterinary practice
* Lead by example with confidence, however know self limitations and when to ask for help
Your clinical duties will consist of, but not limited to:
* The safe and secure handling of animals
* Assist the Veterinary Surgeon and nurse during consultations and examinations.
* Assist with pre and post-operative recovery.
* Assist with care for daily and hospitalised patients.
* Assist with developing of x-rays and uploading onto clinical records
* Routine domestic procedures that include keeping the surgery clean to hospital standards at all times.
* Ensure outside is kept clean, tidy and litter free.
* Ensuring waste is disposed of in the correct manner
* Routine maintenance of equipment after completion of appropriate training
* Effective compliance with all Health & Safety procedures, including C.O.S.H. Regulations.
Rota and Training
Full details of the rota will be given at interview however in summary:
* 2pm to 10pm shift with on call duties. (overnight accommodation provided)
Here you may be called upon during the night to assist the veterinary surgeon in emergency cases. If you are called out you are paid a premium hourly rate.
Before commencement of solo duties you will be given full training and support, this will consist of a 4 week program desired to equip you with the skills necessary to thrive in this role. This role allows the individual to build a solid foundation in animal nursing with the potential for career progression and promotion.
What you can expect from us.
* Salary is experience dependent
* Uniform, scrubs and theatre shoes provided
* £20 shoe allowance provided
* Staff discounts on own patient care
Please mark any CV's and covering letters for the attention of Leigh Brady.
Address: 54A Southport Road, Ormskirk, Lancashire, United Kingdom