Veterinary Care Assistant
4 weeks ago
Salary: £6.56-£8.91 per hour
Vet On The Hill
Caterham, Surrey, United KingdomWe are looking for a keen hard working animal care assistant with a can do attitude to help assist us in in the smooth running of the practice. Start date from September. The hours consist of 8 hours shifts between 8am and 7pm, Monday to Friday with occasional Saturdays when necessary (time off in lieu during the week)
This is a hands-on role so the ideal candidate will need to be adaptable, flexible, and willing to work at all levels. The role also involves some face-to-face contact with our clients, so we are looking for someone with the confidence, empathy, and experience to provide the standard of care and the personal touch we expect for our clients. We will also require the successful candidate to -
· Assist the vets and nurses with animal handling duties.
· General cleaning duties including kitchen and premises and washing bedding.
· Cleaning kennels and litter trays
· Cleaning and sterilising kits
· Feeding animals post operatively
· Running blood and urine samples on the in house analyser.
· Cleaning consult rooms and be responsible for restocking consumables.
· Assist reception in answering phone calls and serving clients, booking appointments etc.
· Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor to our clients and staff at all times
We have strict protocols in place for employees and our clients to follow, which will be explained in detail on successful offer of employment. Interviews will be held by Zoom meetings in the first instance.
Application deadline: 05/09/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Tel: 01883 341306
Address: 17 Essendene Road, Caterham, Surrey, United Kingdom