Stock Controller - West Yorkshire - Ref: JG12298
JHP Recruitment Ltd
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
A position has opened for a highly motivated and proactive individual to manage and control the stock department within my clients practice, including clinical and non-clinical items and overseeing orders placed by other teams within the hospital. Maintaining stock levels and budgets are essential to effective and efficient running of the hospital.
The successful candidate is approachable, has excellent communication skills and a high level of attention to detail
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Placing daily/weekly orders for clinical and non-clinical items using preferred suppliers
• Accept and manage orders ensuring accurate record keeping
• Maintain and update stock manual and SOP’s as needed
• Organise/lead/manage/conduct quarterly stock takes
• Implement stock control systems
• Update price list and codes as needed
• Manage and contribute to stock counts/takes/audits
• Work alongside supplier accounts to approve invoices in a timely manner and set up new suppliers when needed following the correct protocols
• Ensure purchasing compliance to be above 95%
• Monitor/record wastage and aim to reduce alongside the clinical/non clinical teams
• Source alternative or additional medications/consumables requested by clinicians following correct protocols
• Analyse data and produce reports for the SLT when required
Previous experience of working within the veterinary industry is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
Working hours for this role can be flexible, we envisage up to 34 hours per week working Monday to Friday
Benefits include 5 weeks holiday and a day off for your birthday, flu jabs, access to employee assistance programme and more.
Tel: 01392 793733
Address: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom