Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Ardene House Veterinary Practice
Ardene House Veterinary Practice Ltd, Kingswells Hospital
Kingswells, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
We are looking for a qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse to work within our Small Animal Nursing team at our Kingswells Hospital. No two days are the same here at our busy practice and you will be responsible for several duties including;
- Nursing our inpatients and day patients
- Supporting our Veterinary Surgeons during surgical and non-surgical procedures
- Carrying out Radiographs (both dental and diagnostically)
- Assisting with Ultrasound and CT scans, Endoscopes, and laparoscopic surgeries
- Working closely with specialist Vets (cardiology, dermatology, pain management and exotics)
- Carrying out Nurse clinics admissions and discharges with gold standard client and patient care
The shift pattern for this role is 7-hour shifts, 5 days per week (with an hour lunch). You will work set shifts each day between 7:30 am – 7:30 pm, to allow for continuity with clients and staff. There is a requirement to work 1:8 Saturdays but you will get the following Monday off work. Our out of hours is covered by Vets Now.
We are a gold standard veterinary hospital based in a lovely area on the outskirts of Aberdeen on a bus route and close to several shops, drive-throughs, supermarkets, and hotels. We are also a short drive from the city centre and the nearby countryside and beaches. We treat a diverse caseload of patients and offer an extensive range of surgeries; orthopaedic, laparoscopic, emergency and routine to name but a few.
We have large premises with plenty of on-site parking, large reception, two dedicated Nurse consult rooms, three VS consult rooms, two operating theatres, two prep rooms, a dedicated procedure room for Dentals, Radiography, CT scans and an in-house Laboratory. Our separate wards include a Cattery, Isolation unit, Critical Care unit and Kennels with plenty of outdoor space for walks.
About the Team and Culture
Our Small Animal Hospital team consists of 12 Veterinary Surgeons, 9 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Student RVNs, 2 VCAs, 2 Head RVNS, 7 Receptionists, 1 Cleaner, 1 Accounts Manager and 1 Practice Manager. We strongly encourage career progression and development and have both nurses and vets that hold certificates in many areas including exotics, medical nursing, cardiology, dermatology, and pain management.
We are a friendly welcoming team, that thrive on doing our very best for our clients and patients, providing a high standard of care across the department. We often have work social events, team building activities and try to get together daily for a well-needed tea break.
No essential requirements/experience is required. Training will be provided, and any additional qualifications supported.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5442 when you apply.
Address: Skene Road, Kingswells, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom