Area Manager - Coventry
Coventry, United Kingdom
We are looking for an Area Manager to join our Coventry region on a permanent, full time basis.
You’ll deliver exceptional leadership and care to your colleagues in practice, ensuring they have the support and guidance to enable them to deliver outstanding levels of care, that’s always there.
Reporting directly to the Regional Director, as Area Manager, you’ll lead the efficient, effective, day-to-day delivery of exceptional care across your practice network. That means working closely with regional leadership teams and practice staff ensuring the delivery of a one team approach.
You will be responsible for hosting frequent practice staff meetings, planning practice rotas and dealing with day-to-day employment activities, including recruitment, onboarding and development.
A culture of care and consistently high service levels are essential in every practice and you’ll enable these by supporting our people at every level, from receptionist to veterinary surgeon, all while upholding the standards of our Investor in People status.
Whether you’re a Vet, Registered Veterinary Nurse or Practice Manager, you’ll have some experience in this area and have successfully led a team. You now want to take your experience to the next level, bringing your eye for detail, organisational and communication skills to work where we’re all focused on delivering the best care possible.
A driving licence and flexible approach to working hours are also essential.
- Management and planning of the practice rotas
- Liaising with Senior Leaders and practice Partners regarding management and personnel of the practice
- Clinical governance and performance/quality management
- Working closely with your Recruitment Partner, reviewing CVs and interviewing Nurses and Practice Support staff
- Ensure the practice complies with health and safety legislation as directed by Medivet's Health and Safety Officer
Skills and experience
- Previous veterinary nursing or veterinary practice experience
- Previous people management experience
- Good time management and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Exceptional communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
The Coventry region's branches include Binley, Bell Green, Leamington Upper Grove, Hillmorton, Daventry and Solihull.
Address: Coventry, United Kingdom