Full Time Registered Nurse - Required For Our Friendly Independent Practice In Bedfordshire
1 month ago
Noah's Ark Veterinary Clinic
Dunstable, Bedfordshire, United KingdomThe Practice
We are a small, well equipped, independent Small Animal practice, (including busy Laboratory) based in Dunstable, Bedfordshire. We are a lovely, close knit and encouraging team, looking to welcome an RVN into the family. Patient welfare is our priority and everything we do is based on compassion.
We are looking for an RVN to join our friendly, warn and supportive team.
As a Registered Veterinary Nurse, you will:
• Have a varied medical and surgical caseload.
• Have the chance to properly utilise your nursing skills and offer varied nurse clinics.
• Confidently handle and restrain animals.
• Provide nursing care to hospitalised patients, including patient monitoring and health checking, feeding, grooming, and walking animals.
• Administer treatments including injections, tablets, fluids, and blood transfusions.
• Perform diagnostic tests, e.g., blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays.
• Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g., suturing wounds, and dental hygiene.
• Monitor anaesthesia.
• Assist veterinary surgeons with operations.
• Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
• Communicate with pet owners, gaining their trust and reassuring them about their animal's treatment.
• Educate pet owners on animal health, including vaccinations, worming, flea prevention and appropriate nutrition and really make a difference to animal's lives.
• Have your ideas will be listened to.
Compassionate, flexible, and dedicated individual with a positive, proactive, and enthusiastic outlook, who still loves being a nurse.
• Salary dependant on experience.
• Full-time position.
• No OOHs, No Bank Holidays, No Sundays, No overnight in-patient checks.
• Great Rota for work/life balance. Early shift starts at 8.30am and late shift ends at 7.30pm. 8-hour shift with daily lunch break. 1 in 4 Saturdays 8.30 am-12.30pm.
• CPD encouraged and supported.
• Free Uniform
To submit your application, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Tel: 01582 606466
Address: 54 High Street South, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom