Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Deepdale Veterinary Centre
1 month ago
Deepdale Veterinary Centre
Potton Sandy, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team at Deepdale Veterinary Centre.
The duties of this role include (but not limited to):
• Admit & discharge patients
• Theatre, kennel, lab, prep room, dispensary, and x-ray duties
• Nurse Clinics
• Stock control
• Adhere to SOP's
• Some reception duties (mainly holiday cover if needed)
• Assistance with work experience students
• Cleaning and maintenance of the surgery and equipment
The working hours are 40 hours per week over 4/5 days with flexible shifts between 8am-7pm. You will be required to work 1:4 Saturday shifts, 8am-1pm and no OOH required.
We are a forward thinking, purpose built veterinary practice set in rural Bedfordshire. We are a busy practice with a very loyal client base. We have a very friendly and experienced clinical team, with a great sense of humour too!
Our surgery is 2 miles from Sandy Train Station and 1 mile from Potton Town. We have various pieces of equipment on site such as in-house lab, digital x-ray, new ultrasound machine, new endoscope and two theatres. We also have a bespoke Pet Health Plan for our clients.
About the Team and Culture
Our team consists of 4 registered veterinary nurses supporting one full-time and two part-time vets. We also have two full-time and 2 part-time receptionists, assistant practice manager and a practice director. We also have our own animal charity that we raise funds to help those who are struggling financially. As a team we like to socialise out of work and also enjoy regular pizza, cheese board and cake days!!
The successful candidate will need to be a Registered Veterinary Nurse.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• Increasing holidays based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Birthday leave
• RCVS Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service-related company sick pay
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6912.
Address: Deepdale Vet Centre Deepdale, Potton Sandy, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom