Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Celyn Vet Group In Prestatyn, Denbighshire
Celyn Vet Group
Prestatyn, Clwyd, United Kingdom
Here at Celyn Vet Group we are looking to welcome a fourth Registered Veterinary Nurse to the Celyn Vet Group family. Your role will be mainly based at our Prestatyn branch, but you may be needed to cover some days at our Holywell branch during periods of holiday cover for example. We are looking to recruit a Qualified Veterinary Nurse who will provide a high standard of customer service and clinical care whilst promoting pet wellbeing, supporting Veterinary Surgeons to deliver preventative services, and treating sick and injured pets of eligible clients.
• Part-time role of 25.5 hours
• 3 days per week- mixture of early and late shifts between the hours of 8am-7pm
• 1 in 4 Saturdays (8am-2pm)
Key Responsibilities include:
• Handling and restraining animals in a safe and controlled way
• Provide first-class nursing care to injured/sick patients, including documentation, monitoring, health checking, feeding and grooming
• Administer treatments including injections, tablets, drips and blood transfusions
• Perform diagnostic tests, e.g. Blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays
• Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g. Suturing wounds and dental hygiene
• Assist veterinary surgeons with operations
• Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice
Celyn Vet Group have two, well-established veterinary practices in Holywell and Prestatyn and offer high standards of first opinion care to small animals.
Not only are we blessed to have such a great team, but we also have a fantastic, loyal client base. We often see returning clients throughout the years meaning we get to care for our patients from puppies/ kittens to seniors. We are passionate on preventative health care and nutrition. We mainly care for small animals and wildlife, offering a high standard of first opinion care.
Investing in our practice, patient care and team is important to us. We would therefore be really keen to support your expertise or learning goals and incorporate them into the services for the practice potentially. Both practices benefit from in-house blood and lab facilities for routine work, ultrasound and x-ray facilities.
We are situated in the beautiful area of North Wales. Being close to the border and the A55, it means we are well located for those who enjoy the more rural side of life, with plenty of countryside and hill walk areas, or those that prefer the city environment with Chester, Liverpool and Manchester situated not far away from us.
We really do value our team here at Celyn Vet Group and all of their hard work. We all pull together and support each other in the harder times and really are more like a family than co-workers.
We are a team of 18 consisting of: 1 Clinical Director, 1 Deputy Clinical Director, 2 vets, Practice Manager, 1 senior nurse, 3 RVN's, 3 SVN's, 1 senior receptionist, 4 receptionists and 1 Groomer/ACA.
The ideal candidate would enjoy general practice and feel comfortable with consulting, anaesthetic monitoring/ preparation for surgical procedures, and all aspects of in-patient care.
• A degree or equivalent qualification in Veterinary Nursing
• Registered with the RCVS
• A UK driving license would be required to commute between our sites
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £550 CPD allowance per annum
• RCVS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Pawsome - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH3788 when applying for this role.
Address: 2 Aberconway Road, Prestatyn, Clwyd, United Kingdom