Permanent Full Time Veterinary Nurse Independent Practice Derby
2 weeks ago
Derby, Derbyshire, United KingdomWe are working with an independent veterinary practice in Derby who are currently recruiting for a qualified veterinary nurse to join them on a full time, permanent basis. This role is to join the team of 8 nurses in providing a high standard of veterinary care, excellent customer service and supporting the vets in any way possible.
Type: Small animal
Hours: 40 hours per week between 8:00am & 7:00pm each day
Weekends: 1 in 5 weekends to be worked on rota basis
Sole charge: None required
OOH: None required
Branch work: Likely to be 1 day a week (or less) required at local branch
Team: 4 Vets & 8 Qualifies Nurse and many support staff
• Independent RCVS accredited small animal practice
• Well established within the local communities and have a great reputation for providing high standards of care and a great service.
• 2 well equipped branches with facilities that include digital x-ray, ultrasound, in house laboratory and much more
• Run nurse clinics
• Carry out laboratory work
• Carry out discharge of surgical cases
• Perform post op consultations
• Place IV catheters and obtain blood samples
• Carry out blood pressure checks
• Assist in interesting surgical procedures
• Monitor and provide treatment to overnight and day patients
• Triage and assist with emergency procedures
• They are looking for a qualified veterinary nurse, registered with the RCVS
• You will be a hardworking, passionate, confident and caring veterinary nurse
• You will have excellent communication and customer service skills
• Salary between £19,000 & £25,000 dependent on experience
• CPD Funded and encouraged
• Company pension scheme
• Paid professional memberships
• Discounted veterinary fee’s
• Bike2Work scheme
The right to work in the United Kingdom
Excellent customer service and communication skills
1 years post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
Tel: 0333 0147374
Address: Derby, Derbyshire, United Kingdom