Senior Veterinary Nurse Required At Links Veterinary Group, Haddington
up to £30,000 depending on experience + Relocation allowance up to £2,000
Links Veterinary Group
Haddington, East Lothian, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Senior Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team here at Links Veterinary Group, Haddington!
Daily duties include include patient admits/discharges, nurse consults, monitoring anaesthesia, inpatient care, lab work and schedule 3 procedures.
4 or 5-day week, 40 hours per week. Shifts range from 8am to 11am start, can be flexible. Weekends 1 in 6, OOH weeknights 1 in 10. We greatly respect the care and dedication put into OOH work and so reward with generous overtime.
Salary for the role is up to £30,000 depending on experience + Relocation allowance up to £2,000.
Busy, friendly practice that champions staff welfare and excellent patient care- we are hiring to expand the team and ensure we can increase the amount of rest time our nurses receive. Our main, purpose built, Haddington branch benefits from four bright and spacious consulting rooms, two theatres, digital and dental x-ray, ultrasound and endoscopy. We encourage further development and have multiple team members studying for certificates. Great transport links to Edinburgh mean that working with us allows you to enjoy beautiful countryside and the bright lights of the city. Our own OOH offering allows for optimal stabilisation, monitoring and workup of critical cases, and our OOH rota is designed to reward our team with a better work life balance, for helping us to provide round the clock care. Our other branches are all within walking distance to the sea so coastal lunchtime walks are a must!
About the Team and Culture
16 vets, 12 nurses including 2 students and 12 amazing support staff. We have the pleasure of an Ophthalmology certificate holder on the team, as well as an excellent visiting Ortho surgeon. Team working, support and open communication are top priorities, and we are looking for an individual who also champions these values.
Experience in practice preferred, must be registered Veterinary Nurse. Co-operation, excellent communication, and commitment to patient care are our top priorities.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
- 6.8 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 24 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH7495 when you apply.
Address: Alderston Field Haldane Ave, Haddington, East Lothian, United Kingdom