Permanent Team Leader Registered Veterinary Nurse Charity Hospital Brighton
2 months ago
£23,000 - £25,000
Brighton, East Sussex, United KingdomA charity hospital Brighton are recruiting a permanent nursing team leader on a full time basis. This role is ideal for an RVN who is looking to take the next step up the career ladder and take on more responsibility and lead and train by example. As a team leader they would be supporting the head veterinary nurse by leading part of the nursing team to deliver a high standard of clinical care and services to clients within the local community in line with company policy. Key responsibilities involve managing the VCAs, surgical support, providing in patient care, carrying out consultations and encouraging financial contributions where applicable. The RVN would also act as deputy head nurse in any periods of absence. A key aspect of the role is to promote the wellbeing services to clients and encourage preventative healthcare through educating clients, so it is important that the RVN is passionate about animal welfare.
Due to the amount of support and the varied case load there is plenty of scope for the nurse to develop specialists’ interests and the hospital is always supportive and encourage continual professional development so each RVN can reach their full potential.
The hospital has a large team who regularly enjoy social outings together. The hospital is located close to the seaside also and as there are no OOH or weekend shifts involved it makes for a lovely work / life balance.
• Vet nurses shifts typically are from 8am-4.30pm to 9.30am to 6pm.
37.5 Hours per week
• No OOH, as this is fully outsourced - Vets Now do night cover on site.
• The caseload is varied and would make a great opportunity for someone looking to further develop their skills.
• They have the work / life balance sorted and are flexible on the working hours
• Clinical staff typically work 1 in 6 Saturday mornings from 9-12 and receive time off in lieu the following week however there is no weekend work with this role
• Pets and people at the heart of what they do UK wide
About the Role:
The Nurse will be working as part of the team with a variety of duties from supporting the theatre, inpatient care, consults, admission, dispensing medications, maintaining hygiene and encouraging financial contributions.
The role would be 80% clinical and 20% rota management
• The hospital building is well equipped with plenty of consulting space allowing them to meet the demands of this busy small practice.
There is the opportunity to perform Schedule 3 surgery with full training and support encouraged
• The caseload is very varied on a day to day basis
• They are a friendly welcoming team that are very supportive.
• They aim to promote a healthy life for all their pets by preventing, educating and treating sick and injured animals with passion and compassion.
• As the UK’s leading veterinary charity, with 48 Pet Hospitals, they strive to improve pets’ lives – through prevention, education and treatment.
• Every year their dedicated vet teams carry out 2.7 million treatments on 470,000 pets.
• Their national network of around 120 high street shops help us to provide these treatments through selling both donated and new goods.
• They believe that they work better together, so everyone from their vets, volunteers, shop teams and to office support colleagues - are driven into the help improve the lives of every pet.
• Salary £23,560 - £24,267 Pro Rata
• 37.5 Hours per week
Opportunity to perform Schedule 3 surgery with full training and support encouraged
• CPD is encouraged and self-development is actively encouraged
• Allocated CPD funding of 15 Hours
• Excellent career opportunities/development
• 5 weeks holiday per year
• Paid statutory holidays
• Travel allowance
• Life assurance 4 x annual salary
• Contributory pension scheme
• RCVS registered and qualified
• Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
• Excellent communication skills
• 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
Tel: 0333 0147374
Address: Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom