Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Provost Vet Group, St Andrews
2 months ago
Up to £29,000 depending on experience
Provost Vet Group, St Andrews
St Andrews, Fife, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team here at Provost Vet Group, St Andrews. Working across 3 branches including Ladybank & Newport, covering all aspects of 1st opinion caseloads including nurse consults ranging from weight clinics, 2nd& 3rd puppy and kitten vaccinations, pet health club checks, nails clips etc with scope to develop the nurse clinics further. Assisting the vet on a daily basis with operations as well as performing diagnostic imaging and ward and theatre nursing duties.
Working up to 40 hours per week (full/part time hours available)
Across 5 days a week (Full time), but this can be flexible.
1 in 5 Saturdays
No out of hours
Up to £29,000 negotiable D.O.E
Relocation allowance of up to £2,000
We are located in the beautiful seaside town of St Andrews with 3 branches in the local area. The practice is well-equipped we have a large purpose-built central prep room. ultrasound, x-ray, dental x-ray with digital processing and dental suite. Inhouse IDEXX lab. 2 surgical theatres. Separate dog, cat and exotic ward. We are a gold standard cat friendly practice, our current team consists of 7 vets, 5 nurses and 8 support staff.
St. Andrews is a seaside town northeast of Edinburgh, on Scotland’s east coast. It's known for its many golf courses, including the Old Course. Its also known for its historic university, medieval streets and gorgeous traditional buildings. The town is filled with exciting things to see and do, from St Andrews Cathedral to nearby Scotland’s Secret Bunker, so you won’t be short on places to visit. Located half an hour from Dundee and less than two hours from Edinburgh & Glasgow.
Must be RCVS registered, we can consider experienced/newly qualified/soon to be qualified RVN’s for this role as full support and training will be provided. Further certification and career progression can be supported. Driving license preferred to allow to go to the other 2 branches.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• 550 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Quote BH7154 when applying for this role.
Address: 31 Largo Road, St Andrews, Fife, United Kingdom