Front Of House Nurse - Hendon
Hendon, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Front Of House Nurse to join our award-winning Hendon 24-Hour Hospital.
This would be the ideal opportunity for either a final year student Nurse eager to gain experience and develop their Nursing, or a qualified Nurse looking to work within a supportive and busy hospital. This is a new role with scope and flexibility to mould as your own. Key duties will include:
- Build up Nurse consults within Hendon and liaise with the Lead Vet to build up caseloads.
- Client bond - this will include being first point of contact within the clinic including to any new mobile staff.
- Liaising with clinic patients on a daily basis.
- Help lead a team, including advising of clinical expertise and carrying out training.
- PCA training - including reception and emergency training.
- Triaging appointments.
- Administrative duties of practice.
- Clinical duties may include helping out with patients within the hospital.
- Consulting Nurse assisting a team of consulting Vets.
- Blood sampling.
- Admission and discharging of patients.
- Puppy and kitten advice.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- - Salary up to £30,000 per annum (DOE)
- - £750 CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave and in-house CPD available
- - RCVS and VDS fees paid
- - 4 day week with a 1 in 6 weekend
- - 5 weeks paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- - Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- - Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- - Improved Maternity and Paternity Leave
- - 100% attendance scheme
- - ‘Peternity’ leave
We understand how important it is to find the right balance between your work and personal life and so we are happy to adjust your working hours to your needs. Whether you are looking full time or part time, working school hours, want to start or finish at a different time - we are open to discussing it all with you.
Skills and experience
Medivet Hendon 24-Hour is a bustling hospital, it has recently been recognised as one of London’s best Veterinary practices.
The successful candidate will be joining a highly experienced team led by our established Branch Partners who combined have 25 years experience, as well as the Head Registered Veterinary Nurse with 15 years experience. Including certificate holders or those currently undertaking a certificate. The hospital also possess a highly skilled and experienced nursing team, with 6+ RVNs, a dedicated reception and night team to see your cases through the night on site as well as 10 vets on rota daily.
It houses an MRI/CT unit and so treats many interesting neurology, medicine, surgical and other cases. Additionally, Hendon 24hr is equipped with endoscopy, arthroscopy, digital x-ray, MiLab X7 ultrasound, multi-parameter monitors, in-house bloods, dental radiology and much more! The group is also supported by its own pet blood bank, laboratory as well as other services. Hendon also has a spacious garden, seperate cat and dog wards, two dedicated staff rooms, a close link to the station as well as a friendly and sociable team who enjoy their team nights out.
It supports Medivet clinics in all of Northwest London but also the whole of Southern England, with interesting and complicated cases.
Address: Hendon, United Kingdom