Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At The Cat Clinic, Southsea
4 weeks ago
Up to £27,000 DOE
The Cat Clinic
Southsea, Hampshire, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse with a passion for cats to join our cat only clinic in Portsmouth, just a short stroll from the seafront. Ideally, we are looking for someone who is currently working as a head nurse or looking to move into a head nurse position, though we welcome applications from nurses not wanting to take on a senior role. You will be part of a small friendly team and will be involved in both nurse clinics and surgery, on a rota basis. The clinic is open Monday - Saturday and shift patterns work between 8am - 7pm Monday to Friday with 1:4 Saturdays, 8am - 12pm. Our out of hours cover is provided by Vets-Now.
Salary from £27,000 depending on experience and position taken.
The Cat Clinic is an RCVS and ISFM accredited practice, situated on a busy high street in Southsea with cafes and bars a plenty. We are a GP level clinic with in-house blood machines, digital dental x-ray, digital x-ray, k-laser, ultrasound, capnograph and doppler.
About the Team and Culture
The clinic team is made up of two full-time vets, four veterinary nurses (working on full-time or part-time rotas), a veterinary nursing assistant, two receptionists and a practice manager. As a team, we pride ourselves on working well together and providing a high standard of care to both our patients and our clients. As a clinic, we encourage CPD and are open to new ideas
We are looking for a nurse who wants to work as part of a team that supports and helps one another, while also having the enthusiasm and drive to work by your own initiative when needed. With a cat friendly approach and a desire to work with just cats, as an individual, you will pride yourself on providing high clinical standards along with the best possible level of care. In addition, applicants for the head nurse role, should be able to demonstrate good organisational and leadership skills, though further leadership training and support can be provided.
An ISFM certificate or diploma holder is an advantage but not a necessity and we will support anyone wanting to work towards these.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7365.
Address: 95 Albert Road, Southsea, Hampshire, United Kingdom