Head Nurse Required At Walton Lodge Vets
2 weeks ago
Up to £30,000 DOE
Walton Lodge Vets
Hoddesdon, Hertforsdhire, United Kingdom
Walton Lodge Vets has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team as Head Nurse!
Your day-to-day duties will include:
• To manage all aspects of the nursing team
• Ensure excellent teamwork and the highest level of clinical care
• Set gold standard clinical standards
• Encourage and support nursing the nursing team
• Manage stock levels
• Monitor Staff performance and conduct appraisals
• Attend meetings with management
• Clinical Coaching
• Maintain equipment.
• Attend Adequate hours of CPD
The working schedule for this vacancy will be 40 hours per week across 5 days. You will be required to work 1 in 9 weekends, and the occasional night shifts.
The salary for this position is up to £30,000 depending on experience.
Walton Lodge Veterinary Group Ltd was co-founded in September 2000, by Helen Lee BVSc, MRCVS & her partner Rodney Pugh. Our hospital is currently in Hoddesdon but will be moving to a brand-new hospital in Ware this year which is next to some fantastic transport links. We have a Brand-new DR x-ray, digital endoscope, ultrasound, 3 consult rooms, two theatres. Multi parameter monitors. Cat and dog ward, coming soon, laparoscopic spays.
About the Team and Culture
Our team is currently made up of 2 Vets, 3 Veterinary Nurses, 1 Student Veterinary Nurse, 1 Kennel Assistant and 2 Receptionists. We will also be looking to support a street vet. Our team of experienced and very capable Veterinary Surgeons and Nurses aim to provide the highest quality of care for our client’s pets. CPD is highly encouraged, for example, one of our vets will be doing a laparoscopic course with the Royal Veterinary College shortly and one of our Registered Veterinary Nurses is completing their certificate in nursing.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of leading a team. They will have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ECC care. They will feel confident with clinical coaching and be able to provide gold standard care and lead by example. Certificate holder desirable.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• Increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Birthday leave
• RCVS Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service-related company sick pay
• Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5735 when applying for this role.
Address: The Bungalow Brewery Road, Hoddesdon, Hertforsdhire, United Kingdom