Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Trinity Vet Centre, Maidstone
1 month ago
Up to £28,000 DOE
Trinity Vet Centre
Maidstone, Kent, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse at our well-equipped exotic veterinary practice in Maidstone, Kent.
This is a full-time position (37.5-hour week) with 1:6 weekends and no OOH. We are currently operating on a 3.5-day week rota to allow for a better work life balance. The role would be suitable for a newly qualified or experienced veterinary nurse looking for a new challenge in a supportive environment. Our nurses see an exciting and varied exotics caseload and have the opportunity to continually develop their nursing skills through an excellent CPD programme.
You will be working alongside our friendly team of qualified nurses and animal care assistants to provide a high standard of care for our clients and hospital patients.
The salary for this role is up to £28,000 depending on experience.
Trinity Vet Centre was established over 10 years ago, and since then we have built a strong reputation in varied, mixed/exotic medicine caseloads. Opportunities to join this friendly team are rare so if you are interested in this rewarding role and working with a well-established business apply now! We are near to Maidstone and within walking distance from Barming Station and Maidstone Hospital.
About the Team and Culture
At Trinity, we have worked really hard to create a family-like culture and happy working environment. We are 1 branch with 3 exceptional Vets (including our CD who supports the clinical team) and 9 dedicated Nurses. We have a supportive culture in place to get you through every working day!
We would welcome applicants who are newly qualified or experienced nurses with an interest in exotics. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service and communication skills, be an effective team player and have an organised and systematic approach when making decisions to be able to carry out the role efficiently.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee well-being, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £500 CPD allowance
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7370.
Address: Unit 6 Hermitage Walk Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, Kent, United Kingdom