Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Heathside Vets
Salary up to £30,000 depending on experience.
178 Locks Road, Locks Heath, United Kingdom
Do you want to join a fantastic team dedicated to providing the best patient care, using the latest diagnostic and monitoring equipment? We are expanding our team of 8 nurses due to a busy and varied caseload, including laparoscopy, orthopaedics, BOAS and cardiology. The perfect candidate will be enthusiastic in contributing to the ongoing development of nurse clinics, student training, community events and in delivering the highest level of customer care. This is a full-time role, with no night duties and 1:6 weekends. CPD is encouraged and funded.
Salary up to £30,000 depending on experience. We encourage a good work life balance and team bonding with regular funded social outings.
We are a small but busy practice located on the beautiful Hampshire Coast Line, enjoying the tranquillity of small-town life whilst being located between two major cities, Southampton and Portsmouth. We pride ourselves on our preventative medicine and aiming to provide gold standard care, being able to offer many in-house procedures than would normally require costly referral. We have a friendly, compassionate, supportive team of vets and nurses, who regularly enjoy social events together outside of work (except during COVID pandemics!). In terms of toys, we have ultrasound, cardiac ultrasound, DR radiography, Dental radiography, Endoscopy, Bronchoscopy, Rhinoscopy, Laparoscopic surgery, Surgical laser, 4 Anaesthetic monitors, Orthopaedic equipment including MMP and SOP kits.
We are a team of 4 full time and 2 part time vets. We have a certificate holder in Cardiology who is also studying towards a Medicine Certificate. We do most of our own in-house orthopaedics, including MMP's, MPL, fracture repair and the majority of our own medicine investigations. We also have vets trained to perform Laparoscopic procedures. We have 2 managers, 5 qualified nurses and 3 trainee nurses at all levels of their training (we take great pride in being a nurse training practice for the past 23 years), and 2 receptionists.
We are looking for an enthusiastic RVN who is looking to develop and utilise their skills. Clinical coach training would be beneficial or be willing to complete.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
Work life balance
• 5.6 weeks holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Relocation allowance up to £1500
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please use BH6510 as a reference when applying for this role.
Address: Park Gate, 178 Locks Road, Locks Heath, United Kingdom