Veterinary Nurse Required At The Avenue Vets In Ealing, London
4 weeks ago
The Avenue Vets
Ealing, London, United KingdomWe are looking for a qualified Veterinary Nurse to join our team at The Avenue Veterinary Clinic. This is a part-time role where you will be working on average 2 days a per week.
The day to day role of a Veterinary Nurse within our team involves:
• Preparing the clinic and patients for the day's procedures
• Assisting with procedures and monitoring anaesthesia
• Monitoring patients' recoveries
• Tidying and cleaning after procedures
• Ordering stock
• Discharging patients and discussing home care with owners
• Supporting reception staff with enquiries
• Assisting clients and vets during consultations
The salary for this role is £27,000 pro-rata.
The Avenue Veterinary Clinic is a full first opinion general practice with great facilities. Our attention is focused on thorough preventative healthcare and we take a high-quality and pragmatic approach with our clients and patients. We are an ISFM Cat Friendly Clinic Silver status based in Leafy West London. We are a small but passionate and professional team, and The Avenue Veterinary Clinic was founded in 2015.
The successful applicant will be qualified and registered with the RCVS. We are looking for someone enthusiastic, positive and organised. Experience with small animal practice work is beneficial. A supportive team player with a high standard of patient care, you will also have a client focused approach. You should have great communication skills and be passionate at promoting preventative health care in patients.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £550 CPD allowance per annum
• RCVS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH3357 when applying for this role.
Address: The Avenue, Ealing, London, United Kingdom