Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At White Cross Vets, Coulby
Up to £28,000 DOE
White Cross Vets, Coulby
Newham, Middlesborough, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Full-Time registered veterinary nurse to join our team at Coulby. This role is 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 08:00 - 19:00. You will also be required to participate in a weekend rota, with time back in lieu. There is no OOH required for this role.
As an RVN at Coulby, you will be required to be proactive with moving the clinic forward by providing an excellent customer experience and nurse clinics. Your general day to day duties will include preparing and admitting/discharging pets for surgery, performing weekly theatre/consult/prep pharmacy cleans, completing insurance claim forms as well as imputing laboratory results and previous histories onto the system and filing accordingly.
Our Coulby practice is in a great location, close to public transport links (within an hour of Leeds, York and Newcastle) and with parking available outside the practice. We are also in walking distance of lots of great food options to keep you going through the busy days!
We're a high standard GP practice with ultrasound, full IDEXX blood machine range, BP monitoring and Multi-parameter GA monitoring.
About the Team and Culture
We are a close knit team consisting of 4 Client Care Coordinators, 1 Veterinary Care Assistant, 8 RVN's and 3 Veterinary Surgeons. We enjoy getting together on our wellbeing afternoons (which usually involve food!) and all help each other out!
We work on a variety of cases and our team have a wealth of knowledge. Our Clinic Director has a GPCert in Surgery and others are currently studying towards GPCert's in Medicine. We are also proud to have RVN's who have recently won the Hills Senior Nurse of the Year and the Hills Weight Management Nurse of the Year awards!
We are looking for a highly motivated veterinary nurse who can thrive in our high-quality practice. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
• Previous experience in UK / Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Further team member benefits enjoyed include:
• Increasing holiday based on length of service
• Extra day of holiday on your birthday
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £600 CPD Allowance per annum
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Up to four days PETernity leave
• Contribution towards purchasing a Fitbit and weekly leader board challenges
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Practice social events
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
• Paid bereavement leave
• Service-related company sick pay
• Social events
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6064 when applying for this role.
Address: The Parkway Centre Coulby, Newham, Middlesborough, United Kingdom