Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Alphavet Veterinary Centre, Risca
up to £20,000 depending on experience
Alphavet Veterinary Centre
Risca, Newport, United Kingdom
Alphavet Veterinary Centre have an excellent opportunity for a Veterinary Nurse to join their busy practice. No two days are the same and you will take care of several nursing duties including;
- Assisting vets with consults
- Assisting nurses with patient care
- Calming anxious patients before procedures
- Theatre set up and clean down
- Preparing and cleaning equipment for procedures
- Kennel Maintenance
- Lab work
- General Cleaning duties
- Reception duties (when required)
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours across 5 days, with occasional Saturdays on a morning rota. There is no out of hours or on-call requirement.
The salary for this role is up to £20,000 depending on experience.
Our Risca site is a well-established practice located in a small friendly town, with lots of local amenities close by. Our friendly team is made up of 4 fantastic RVNS, 2 vets and 3 Support Staff. Our practice is well equipped with facilities such as; 3 consulting rooms, digital x-rays, ultrasound, high-quality equipment, an in-house laboratory, spacious kennels and a separate theatre.
We are looking for a Veterinary Nurse who is passionate about the job and can fit in with the team. Someone who will go the extra mile to provide a professional and personal service to each client and treat every patient with kindness, compassion, and respect.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities.
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5650 when you apply.
Address: Risca, Newport, United Kingdom