Full Time Registered Veterinary Nurse Or 2nd Year Student – Norfolk – Ref: JG11081
4 months ago
JHP Recruitment Ltd
Norfolk, United KingdomMy client is looking for a positive, enthusiastic and passionate Veterinary Nurse to join their wonderful team of vets, nurses and support staff.
The practice is 30 mins from the beach, 10 mins from the broads yet only 5 minutes drive away from the city centre.
They have a supportive, experienced team with certificate holders in surgery and ophthalmology and four other vets currently studying for certificates. They have a brand-new ultrasound, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, endoscopy, tonometry, slit lamp, multi parameter units for both theatres and full in-house lab.
The branch opened 12 years ago and is a very busy small animal first opinion practice. They see a varied caseload with the ability to work up cases in house and clinical freedom to do so. They are always looking to improve their standards with regular clinical meetings, journal club and CPD. They are always striving to improve the work life balance and the mental health of the team.
They have recently appointed a mental health first aider and are implementing the BVA good workplace guide.
They are looking for:
• A full time registered veterinary nurse/experienced student.
• Someone confident with all routine first opinion work, however, there would always be support available for those needing support in some areas.
• Positive team player.
• Organised and structured
• Good ability to manage time well.
• Passionate and the willingness to provide excellent patient and client care.
• Ideally for a full time position a 4-day week (working hours between 8am and 7.30pm) and a set day off each week but are happy to discuss other options.
• 1:4 weekends (Saturday 9am-6pm and Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm)
• No Out of Hours
• Good communication skills.
They can offer:
• A positive, happy and supportive working environment.
• Salary range £22,000-£24,000 RVN (FTE)
• A wonderful team of 4 vets, 4 RVNs, 2 students RVNs and lots of support staff.
• A qualified dog behaviourist who offers in house behavioural consultations and puppy classes.
• Excellent clinical support and career development opportunities.
• Certificates supported and encouraged.
• Currently working on 15-minute appointment slots (2 on, one off) but hopefully changing to 20-minute appointments shortly.
• Good work life balance
• Competitive salary with regular reviews
• Generous CPD per annum of £500 with added support towards certificates.
• Paid membership for RCVS, VDS
• 5 weeks holiday per annum, increasing to 6 weeks after 1 full years’ service. (Jan-Dec).
• 1 weeks full pay sick pay after 1 full years' service increasing with length of service(Jan-Dec)..
For more information call us directly on 01392 793733 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01392 793733
Address: Norfolk, United Kingdom