Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Rhyd Broughton Veterinary Group In Wrexham, North Wales
Rhyd Broughton Veterinary Group
Wrexham, North Wales, United Kingdom
We are currently looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly nursing team at our practice in Wrexham, North Wales. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week over 5 days a week with 1 in 5 weekends working Saturday and Sunday. The role consists of working in a busy Veterinary Practice within a large team of Registered Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Surgeons, Student Veterinary Nurses and Animal Nursing Assistants. We are a RVN Training practice with two clinical coaches on site. Your week will consist of 5-hour days, with a variety of early or later shifts.
Responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
• Maintain a high standard of inpatient care.
• Assist with surgical procedures.
• Guide and support Student VN’s.
• Adhere to all SOP’s.
• Communicate with clients and maintain a high professional standard.
• Maintain a good working relationship with all members of the practice.
• Maintain membership with the RCVS and always adhere to the RCVS Nursing Code of Conduct.
• Attend the adequate hours of CPD as required by the RCVS.
• Maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the building.
• Fulfil the obligations of the rota, sick cover/on call rota & bank holiday cover.
• Carry out any reasonable requests made by the CD, PM, Head Nurse, Associate Vets or other members of the management team.
• Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, it is the duty of every employee to take reasonable care of themselves and others at work. This also includes taking care of equipment and reporting immediately any items not working.
• Support the CD, PM and Head Nurse with new initiatives.
• When required to do so, support Reception and greet clients, using the 5 key steps.
• Attend Nurse Meetings/Practice Meetings
We are a busy, fast paced practice and we are very well equipped with ultrasound, endoscope, bronchoscope, digital x-ray facilities and ECG and equipped with a large in-house laboratory facility. We have a fantastic team with a Veterinary Surgeon with a certificate in Surgery and another studying towards one and a RVN studying for a certificate in behaviour. We are a host practice for Vets Now so no OOH and a Tier 2 RCVS practice.
We are close to lots of outdoor adventure stuff like surf Snowdonia, Zipworld and have easy access to great climbing, especially around Snowdonia and coastal areas and also close to the beach. If you prefer a more leisurely pastime there is plenty of shopping with Liverpool One, Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet, Chester all on our doorstep. There are great transport links with both Liverpool and Manchester airport close by and Holyhead port not far away
We are a team of 11 Veterinary Surgeons, one with a surgical certificate and one finishing a surgical certificate. Our nurse team consists of 5 Registered Veterinary Nurses (2 of which are clinical coaches and one who is working towards a certificate in behaviour. Two Student Veterinary Nurses and 4 Animal Care Assistants. Our reception team consists of 8 members with another 2 in administration run by our Practice Director who is a VMG CVPM Certificate Holder. One of our administrators is our wellbeing champion who also helps with social events and practice groups such as our gardening group and organises social events throughout the year. As well as practice events each department also organises their own social events, like weekend dog walks.
All applicants must be registered with the RCVS and our ideal candidate will be confident, resourceful, and proactive with strong communication skills.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
· 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
· 3 days paid CPD leave
· £550 CPD allowance per annum
· RCVS Membership paid
· Service based holiday entitlement increases
· VDS cover
· Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
· Enhanced paternity pay
· Birthday leave
· Discounted veterinary fees
· My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
· Cycle to Work scheme
· CPD/training support
· Paid bereavement leave
· Company sick pay
· Employee opinion survey
· Annual pay reviews
· Social events
· Academy & Leadership courses
· Focus on employee wellbeing
· Relocation packages
· Career progression opportunities
· Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH3734 when applying for this role.
Address: Gatewen Road United Kingdom, Wrexham, North Wales, United Kingdom