Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At White Cross Vets Northampton
White Cross Vets
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our wonderful team here at White Cross Vets, Northampton. We are looking for a passionate, hard-working and motivated individual to assist in both consultations and surgeries. The role is varied and will include providing high quality clinical care to all pets and an outstanding client experience, helping to create and maintain an efficient and productive clinic.
The successful candidate will also uphold and adhere to the White Cross Vets Principles both within the clinic and when representing White Cross Vets externally at all times. The salary will be from £22,000-£26,000, dependent on experience.
We are a 4 Vet, 5 RVN team, with a great reception support. The practice is well equipped with digital x-ray, ECG, BP monitor, Ultrasound and full idexx lab. We have two nurses interested in exotics, one that is a qualified behaviourist and one that has completed the ECC certificate. We have a visiting cardiologist for scans and can arrange inhouse orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery. We were an ISFM Silver award practice and aim to reinstate this soon. We like to look after the oldies and when things return to normal, we are looking at starting senior clinics with the nurses.
We are a friendly team with a family ethic, and we organise regular team meals out. Our Head Nurse has a history of volunteering abroad and we donate to and take collections for a local animal charity. We believe in wellbeing and try to ensure we arrange regular treats. We love food and enjoy a regular supply of biscuits and cakes from some team members that like to feed others! As well as being SPVS Wellbeing Award Winners in 2017 and 2018, we have featured in the Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work For 6 years running!
We are looking for a highly motivated veterinary nurse who can thrive in our high-quality practice. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in UK / Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- Extra day of holiday on your birthday
- 3 days paid CPD leave
- £600 CPD Allowance per annum
- Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Up to four days PETernity leave
- Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
- Contribution towards purchasing a Fitbit and weekly leader board challenges
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Practice social events
- Opportunity for career development
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
- Paid bereavement leave
- Service-related company sick pay
- Social events
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH4238 when applying for this role.
Address: The Boulevard Weston Favell Shopping Centre, Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom