Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At White Cross Vets, Roundhay
4 months ago
up to £27K DOE plus benefits
White Cross Vets
West Yorkshire, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
We are looking for a compassionate and driven Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our Roundhay team. The hours for this role are 37.5 hours per week, between the hours of 08:30 and 19:00. This also includes a share of Saturdays. There is no Out of Hours required for this role. Salary up to £27K DOE plus benefits.
A normal day will consist of the following:
- Administering drugs, anaesthetics and injections
- Preparing pets for surgery
- Holding and monitoring pets during operations
- Maintaining, sterilising and laying out surgical equipment
- Cleaning up after surgeries
- Undertaking diagnostics tests
- Preparing and sending off laboratory samples
- Caring for, exercising and grooming pets
- Keeping records
We are a Small Animal Practice based in the lovely suburb of Roundhay, just outside of Leeds. Our clinic is very well equipped with digital and dental x-ray, ultrasound, endoscope, and Laparoscope as well as an in-house laboratory.
White Cross Vets is an excellent place to work, with a super team who love working with us, reflected in them voting for us to win numerous wellbeing and employer awards.
We have regular wellbeing afternoons where we tend to go for walks, watch a film and generally relax!
About the Team and Culture
The team is made up of 4 Veterinary Surgeons, 6 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Veterinary Care Assistant and 5 Client Care Coordinators. We are an extremely close-knit and friendly team, who encourage progression and growth.
We are looking for a Qualified RVN for this position to join our progressive team. The ideal candidate demonstrates previous experience in a clinical setting, with good communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Focus on employee wellbeing
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5496 when you apply.
Address: 31 Street Lane, West Yorkshire, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom