Registered Veterinary Nurse - Galedin Veterinary - Berwick Upon Tweed
Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland, United Kingdom
Registered Veterinary Nurse - Galedin Veterinary - Berwick upon Tweed
At Galedin Veterinary we currently have an exciting opportunity for an RVN to join our busy, friendly, supportive small animal team at our large well-equipped modern surgery in the beautiful borders’ town of Berwick-upon-Tweed. The beautiful coastline, access to the Cheviots as well as easy access to Edinburgh or Newcastle make this the ideal spot to settle.
You will be enrolled as a Registered Veterinary Nurse. RVN’s to have the level 3 diploma in veterinary nursing or the degree in veterinary nursing and be up to date with continuing professional development.
Assisting Vets within the clinic, administering treatments and dispensing medications (as instructed by the Veterinary Surgeons), taking blood samples, running lab samples (including postage and packing), giving advice to clients, and maintaining Veterinary records.
Undertaking infection control including cleaning of kits by use of an autoclave and maintain a clean and tidy working environment. Disinfection of theatre, kennels, prep, isolation, reception, and consulting rooms where necessary, adhering to a checklist system.
Responsible for taking and processing x-rays ready for the Vets to view, prepare surgical theatres and the patient for operations, and monitor the patient during anaesthetics and recovery.
Schedule 3 procedures may also be performed under guidance of the Vet according to experience and qualifications.
RVN’s also partake in reception duties including answering the telephone, ordering and stock control, making appointments and taking messages to pass onto the rest of the clinical team.
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Professional membership subscriptions funded
- Generous continuing professional development allowance (Certificates encouraged)
- Opportunity to apply for Bike2Work scheme
- Competitive staff discount rates on products (cost price) and services (50%)
- Life cover (after qualifying period)
- Income protection (after qualifying period)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Internally funded learning and development opportunities
- Collaboration with a national network of VetPartner practices.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Lesley Punton through the apply now link.
Address: Ramparts Business Park, Windmill Way West, Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland, United Kingdom