Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Portland House Vet Group, Retford, Nottinghamshire
£20000-£22000 DOE (subject to pro rata)
Portland House Vets, Retford
Retford, Nottinghamshire, United KingdomThe Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our existing team. We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic individual who is keen to progress their career in a busy veterinary practice.
This is a full time (40 hours per week) position with weekend work. Out of hours work is a desirable but not essential option and is reflected in the salary and additional pay for Out of hours working. Working hours are detailed below;
• Shifts hours are 8.00am-4.30pm, 8.30am-5.00pm, 9.00am-5.30pm and 9.30am-6.00pm
• Night shift hours are 6pm-8am (desirable not essential)
• Saturday mornings are 2 in 6 (8.00am-12pm Saturday)
• Out of hours weekends are 1 in 6 (8am Saturday - 8am Monday) (desirable not essential)
• Days off are given in return for Saturday mornings worked the following week
The main responsibilities will include;
• Nurse clinics
• Consult nursing
• Theatre nursing
• Inpatient care
• Assisting with imaging using radiography and ultrasound
• Completing laboratory samples
• Monitoring anaesthetics
• Dispensing medicines
• Out of Hours working
• Dealing with the clients both on the phone, by e-mail and face-to -face
• Reception work
• Stock ordering and control
• Social media content
Portland House Veterinary Group has been working in partnership with clients in and around the Ret-ford area in one form or another for over 50 years. Our main practice is located in central Retford and consists of 12 vets and 9 RVNs/SVNs with experience ranging from new graduates to 35 years.
We have a fantastic team of support staff and a lovely loyal client base with both large and small animal. From Retford we provide services for farm and small animal clients as well as wildlife parks and equine clients. We pride ourselves in providing excellent patient, client and employee care. We are well equipped with an ultrasound with Doppler and ECG, digital DR Xray, video endoscopy and full internal lab.
Our team consists of 12 vets, 9 RVNs/SVNs and 8 support staff with experience ranging from new graduates to 35 years. We are a welcoming and friendly team who are enthusiastic and dedicated to working together as a team.
We believe strongly in delivering exceptional service and care to our clients and their pets.
We are looking for a highly motivated Registered Veterinary Nurse who is hard working, enthusiastic and can thrive in our high-quality practice.
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
• 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £550 CPD allowance per annum
• RCVS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
When applying for this position please quote job reference BH3184.
Address: 53 Churchgate, Retford, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom