Worksop Vets4Pets – Full Time Registered Veterinary Nurse (Maternity Cover)
4 weeks ago
Worksop, Nottinghamshire, United KingdomHours: Part Time (32 Hours), Temporary
Ideal Start Date: July/August 2020
Salary: Dependent on experience, to be discussed at interview.
Location: S80 1PD
Our Vets4Pets surgery in Worksop are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their friendly and experienced team. The practice is located on Carlton Road in Worksop, close to a great selection of local amenities, less than 20 minutes away from junction 31 and just a 3 minute walk from Worksop train station.
You will be joining practice owner and Veterinary Surgeon, Fiona Thompson along with her team of 3 Vets, 6 Qualified Nurses, 5 Receptionists and 1 Practice Manager.
This is a part time role, 32 hours per week with one in four Saturdays on a temporary basis, covering maternity (9 months) Sole charge will be required on a Saturday.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownerships or tasks and responsibilities
• Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
• Green clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
• Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
• Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
• Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
• Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
You will have a good experience of veterinary nursing, excellent customer service and communication skills, be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. You are friendly, down-to-earth, have a genuine interest in animal welfare and enjoy the variety provided by the clients and colleagues alike.
You must be confident with G.A Monitoring, Blood Sampling and I.V cannula placement, in-patient care, radiography and nurse clinics.
In return of your dedication and high quality work, we can offer:
• Career opportunities and development due to our varied case load
• Competitive salary dependent on your experience to be discussed at interview.
• CPD allowance and support
• Contributory pension scheme
• Paid memberships (RCVS, BCA, etc)
• Exclusive company discounts and rewards including 20% off at Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
If you share our passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare and great customer service and would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
For further information please contact Laura.Holroyd@Vets4Pets.com
We are an equal opportunities employer
Tel: 01367 821 274
Address: 47-49 Carlton R, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom