Head Veterinary Nurse Required At Oakham Veterinary Hospital
Oakham Veterinary Hospital
Oakham, Rutland, United Kingdom
An opportunity has become available for a Head Veterinary Nurse at Oakham Veterinary Hospital!
Duties will include:
* Assuming responsibility for the Small Animal nursing team, liaising with the Practice Management Team and Vets, where appropriate, to ensure the smooth running of our daily clinical services
• Encouraging the nurses to work as a capable team, by mentoring, supporting and assisting in the development of individual clinical/personal skills
• To be responsible for the administration of the nursing team in general, to include the nursing rota, absence (planned & unplanned) and overtime, delegating where necessary.
• Carrying out clinical nursing duties that are performed on a rota basis.
• Assisting the veterinary surgeons with the treatment of patients
• Ensuring accurate records relating to clients, patients and the hospital are kept at all times, in accordance with RCVS and GDPR protocols
• Assessing and improving current protocols to ensure standards are maintained and/or improved in line with ‘best practice’
• Ensuring all areas of the small animal practice are kept clean, in a sanitary condition and to Practice Health & Safety standards
• Assisting with puppy parties and nursing clinics
• You will from time to time be delegated other areas of responsibility as required by the Practice Manager – Small Animal
• Act as nursing mentor to Nottingham Vet School students
Oakham Veterinary Hospital is a long-established practice on the outskirts of Oakham, Rutland. Our premises are purpose built and set in 8.5 acres surrounded by rural countryside, with easy access to main transport links.
We are very proud to have accredited hospital status by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and offer a complete veterinary service from routine vaccinations, health checks and friendly nurse clinics to specialist surgery. We also have a clinical association with The University of Nottingham School of Veterinary Medicine and Science giving us daily access to leading specialists at the vet school. The association has also substantially increased our already 'state of the art' equipment range.
We have extensive hospital facilities and diagnostic equipment, including CT, ultrasonography, dental radiography, diathermy, and equipment to enable us to perform procedures such as: laparoscopic bitch spays and complex orthopaedic surgeries.
About the Team and Culture
The successful candidate will be committed to driving nursing excellence through the support, development and leadership of our clinical team. Our Small Animal Hospital comprises:
*9 Vets (FTEs), including certificate holders in cardiology, surgery, medicine, dentistry, imaging
*13 Registered Veterinary Nurses (FTEs)
*1 Student Veterinary Nurse
*3 Hospital Assistants/Kennel Assistants
*11 Customer Care Team Members
Registered Veterinary Nurse. The successful candidate will be compassionate with a professional approach to managing the clinical day. A team-player, demonstrable supervisory experience gained in a fast-paced clinical environment. Effective communication and time-management skills, with a focus on ensuring nursing clinical excellence is provided.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH4298 when applying for this role.
Address: Ashwell Road, Oakham, Rutland, United Kingdom