Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Pool House Veterinary Hospital
Up to £32,000 DOE
Pool House Veterinary Hospital, Lichfield Hospital
Lichfield, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Pool House Veterinary Group are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join the family at our busy 24/7 hospital in Lichfield. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to be able to experience all areas of animal nursing life with the support of an amazing team behind them.
The required duties of this role include:
• Kennels - caring for hospitalised patients with the support of a designated vet on our separate animal specific wards. We also have a hydrotherapy on site who we work closely with if any of our patients require it, along with hints and tips on preforming physiotherapy.
• Theatre - preparing animals for theatre, scrubbing in to assist with orthopaedics and abdominal surgeries, monitoring anaesthetic, dealing with such equipment as;
- digital x-ray
- ultrasound scanner
- laparoscopic equipment
- blood pressure machine
- multiparameter machine
• Dispensary- carry out in house lab test, promoting clinics such as weight clinics and habituations along with all the fun consults nurses can get involved with.
• Out of hours- answering the phone, triaging emergencies, and nursing hospitalised patients with a veterinary surgeon on site all night.
This role includes working weekends and nights with a flexible and varied shift pattern whilst rotating around the above duties.
The salary for this role is up to £32,000 depending on experience.
Our first opinion tier 3 practice is based on the outskirts of the Cathedral city of Lichfield in rural Staffordshire. Whilst working here you’ll even get a beautiful view of the Cathedral across the fields. We are fully equipped with in house blood machines, digital x-ray, ultrasound, capnography, endoscopy, laparoscopic equipment, multiparameter machine and a fully supportive team to run it.
About the Team and Culture
We are the main provider of out of hours cover in the area, with 3 SA branch practices, powered by Clinical Directors, Practice Manager, 16 Veterinary Surgeons (some with Certificates) 11 RVN (some with Diplomas) and 4 TVN's and 6 VCA’s. We also have plenty of administrative support from receptionist to an accounts department that assist in the smooth running of this active practice.
Although life at Pool House can be fast paced, we have a fairly relaxed atmosphere and a good sense of humour to help us during busy times. We assist the local Cats Protection and the Retired Greyhound Trust along with a number of other local charity facilities and outside of work, we allow ourselves to have even more fun at social events together.
The ideal candidate for this role would be a Registered Veterinary Nurse with a keen interest in experiencing the variety of what veterinary nurses have to offer. RVN within an active practice covering all areas of nursing or desirable- emergency qualification or diploma.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• Increasing holidays based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Birthday leave
• RCVS Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service-related company sick pay
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6980.
Address: Fosseway Lane, Lichfield, Staffordshire, United Kingdom