Head Veterinary Nurse Required At White Cross Vets In Bloxwich, Walsall
White Cross Vets, Bloxwich
Bloxwich, Walsall, United Kingdom
We are looking for a highly motivated Head Veterinary Nurse who can thrive in our high-quality practice, to work 37.5 hours per week across 5 weekdays, the hours including a share of Saturday mornings (8:30-12:30), and no out of hours. You will have strong leadership skills and desire to manage a team of RVNs and CCCs. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility, and growth, as you work with the team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
Our Bloxwich practice is a growing practice with great facilities including 3 consult rooms, cat ward, dog ward, operating theatre, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and access to endoscope if needed. We are proud to run a new pet blood bank service and work closely with two local cat charities. We hold the ISFM silver award for cat care and the IVC Evidensia patient safety award.
Our Bloxwich team has 4 vets, 8 nurses, and 4 support staff. The team is full of energy and enthusiasm - you probably won't have worked anywhere with so much laughter before! We all work hard but have good fun while doing it. We have monthly team meetings, vet meetings, nurse meetings and CCC meetings. We like to hold in house CPD as much as we can and get speakers into the practice to give us updates on new products, etc. and we’re always open to new ideas from the team.
We are looking for a highly motivated Head Veterinary Nurse who can thrive in our high-quality practice. You will be comfortable working alongside the Clinic Director to manage the successful day to day running of the practice. We are hoping to begin interviews w/c 18th October 2021.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an RVN in a Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Previous management experience desirable
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• Ability to handle team matters confidentially and sensitively
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Further team member benefits enjoyed include
• 6 weeks holiday, plus bank holidays
• Increasing holiday based on length of service
• Extra day of holiday on your birthday
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £600 CPD Allowance per annum
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Up to four days PETernity leave
• Contribution towards purchasing a Fitbit and weekly leader board challenges
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Practice social events
• Opportunity for career development
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
• Paid bereavement leave
• Service related company sick pay
• Social events
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH3929 when applying for this role.
Address: 110 Leamore Lane, Bloxwich, Walsall, United Kingdom