Permanent Registered Head Veterinary Nurse Charity Hospital Coventry
2 months ago
£25,000 - £29,000
Coventry, West Midlands, United KingdomA charity Hospital in Coventry are recruiting a permanent full-time head veterinary nurse on a full-time basis. The Head Nurse will be responsible for leading the nurse team, delivering a high standard of clinical care and promoting the importance of animal well being and preventive healthcare. Duties will include managing the veterinary nurses and the veterinary care assistants to ensure the day to day workflow of the hospital runs effectively and efficiently, stock control and assisting with the senior veterinary surgeon on income and expenditure matters. The require an experienced RVN who ideally will have management and training experience and who is committed and passionate about animal welfare. This is a full-time position Monday – Friday with a 1:7 Saturday morning rota. No OOH.
• Vet nurses shifts typically are from 8am - 4.30pm to 9.30am to 6pm
37.5 Hours per week
• No OOH, as this is fully outsourced - Vets Now do night cover on site.
• The caseload is varied and would make a great opportunity for someone looking to further develop their skills.
• They have the work / life balance sorted and are flexible on the working hours
• Clinical staff typically work 1 in 7 Saturday mornings from 9-12 and receive time off in lieu the following week
• Pets and people at the heart of what they do UK wide
About the Role:
The Nurse will be working as part of the team with a variety of duties from supporting the theatre, inpatient care, consults, admission, dispensing medications, maintaining hygiene and encouraging financial contributions.
• The hospital building is well equipped with plenty of consulting space allowing them to meet the demands of this busy small practice.
• The caseload is very varied on a day to day basis
There is an opportunity to perform schedule three surgeries with training and support
• They are a friendly welcoming team that are very supportive.
• They aim to promote a healthy life for all their pets by preventing, educating and treating sick and injured animals with passion and compassion.
• As the UK’s leading veterinary charity, with 48 Pet Hospitals, they strive to improve pets’ lives – through prevention, education and treatment.
• Every year their dedicated vet teams carry out 2.7 million treatments on 470,000 pets.
• Their national network of around 120 high street shops help us to provide these treatments through selling both donated and new goods.
• They believe that they work better together, so everyone from their vets, volunteers, shop teams and to office support colleagues - are driven into the help improve the lives of every pet.
• Salary £25,760 - £28,078 Pro Rata
• 37.5 Hours per week
• CPD is encouraged and self-development is actively encouraged
• Allocated CPD funding of 15 Hours
• Excellent career opportunities/development
• 5 weeks holiday per year
• Paid statutory holidays
• Travel allowance
• Life assurance 4 x annual salary
• Contributory pension scheme
• RCVS registered and qualified
• Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
• Excellent communication skills
• 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
Tel: 0333 0147374
Address: Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom