Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse Charity Clinic Birmingham
2 months ago
£19,000 - £22,000
Birmingham, West Midlands, United KingdomA charity clinic in Birmingham are recruiting a permanent full-time veterinary nurse to join their large team of 7 vets and 14 nurses and support and administrative staff. the practice boasts a huge mix of highly experienced vets and nurses to newly qualified vets and nurses. They are also a nurse training practice. This is a purpose-built clinic with onsite parking with 6 consulting rooms and two theatres with all the toys such as a new high-quality ultrasound machine and a digital radiography suite. This is a full-time role working 9am – 5,30pm with one 8am start during the week and one later finish at 6pm during the week. There is always lieu time given if any additional time is worked. The practice is heavily focused on education and preventative healthcare, so it is vital that the RVN also shares this ethos. There is opportunity for career development and be exposed to more complex surgeries that one would not see in a standard first opinion practice. there are plenty of challenging cases to deal with so each day is different. This is a large progressive practice priding itself on delivering a high standard of patient and client care.
• Vet nurses shifts typically are from 8am-4.30pm to 9.30am to 6pm.
37.5 Hours per week
• No OOH, as this is fully outsourced - Vets Now do night cover on site.
• The caseload is varied and would make a great opportunity for someone looking to further develop their skills.
• They have the work / life balance sorted and are flexible on the working hours
• Clinical staff typically work 1 in 6 Saturday mornings from 9-12 and receive time off in lieu the following week however there is no weekend work with this role
• Pets and people at the heart of what they do UK wide
About the Role:
The Nurse will be working as part of the team with a variety of duties from supporting the theatre, inpatient care, consults, admission, dispensing medications, maintaining hygiene and encouraging financial contributions.
• The hospital building is well equipped with plenty of consulting space allowing them to meet the demands of this busy small practice.
• The caseload is very varied on a day to day basis
• They are a friendly welcoming team that are very supportive.
• They aim to promote a healthy life for all their pets by preventing, educating and treating sick and injured animals with passion and compassion.
• As the UK’s leading veterinary charity, with 48 Pet Hospitals, they strive to improve pets’ lives – through prevention, education and treatment.
• Every year their dedicated vet teams carry out 2.7 million treatments on 470,000 pets.
• Their national network of around 120 high street shops help us to provide these treatments through selling both donated and new goods.
• They believe that they work better together, so everyone from their vets, volunteers, shop teams and to office support colleagues - are driven into the help improve the lives of every pet.
• Salary £19,505 - £21,673 Pro Rata
• 37.5 Hours per week
• CPD is encouraged and self-development is actively encouraged
• Allocated CPD funding of 15 Hours
• Excellent career opportunities/development
• 5 weeks holiday per year
• Paid statutory holidays
• Travel allowance
• Life assurance 4 x annual salary
• Contributory pension scheme
• RCVS registered and qualified
• Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
• Excellent communication skills
• 1 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am – 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
Tel: 0333 0147374
Address: Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom