Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At White Cross Vets, Wolverhampton
1 month ago
Up to £30,000 depending on experience
White Cross Vets, Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team here at White Cross Vets, Wolverhampton!
This is the perfect opportunity to utilise the skills and knowledge you have learned and to make a real difference towards preventative health care for pets. We offer all routine appointments such as 2nd vaccines, post op checks, nails clips, Wellness Plan checks, and regular injections under veterinary direction. By making the role your own you will have the freedom to develop other clinics alongside such as diabetic, geriatric and weight management consults.
This role is suitable for a full time or part time nurse. Full time hours are 37.5 hours per week, over 5 days. Participation in the weekend rota is required with TOIL. There are no out of hours required.
Salary for the role is up to £30,000 depending on experience.
At White Cross Vets, we have 21 clinics across the UK. All our clinics have teams with different interests, with team members undergoing further training by certificates or having those that have achieved certification status. Being part of something bigger offers a fantastic level of support on a wider group level and allows us to grow and develop a higher quality first opinion pet care, whilst providing internal career progression opportunities.
Our Wolverhampton Practice is based in the City Centre and has excellent transport links, shops and food outlets. We are equipped with some incredible facilities including a Dental X-ray, Ultrasound, Digital X-ray and access to scope. We have recently increased our surgical caseload to include BOAS surgery and we're re-launching our nurse clinics with in-house training.
About the Team and Culture
Our fantastic Wolverhampton team is friendly and fun, and we have a shared love for chocolate (and food in general!). We are dedicated to ensuring the happiness of our staff and take our well-being afternoons very seriously! We get up to al sorts including making pancakes, learning to crochet, watching Friends, and eating popcorn!
We are looking for a highly motivated veterinary nurse who can thrive in our high-quality practice. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice team as you work together to provide a quality experience for pet owners and their furry friends.
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 6.6 weeks holiday including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Up to 4 days paternity leave for new pets
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Access to Simply Health
• Non-accidental injury support
• £600 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Quote BH7981 when applying for this role.
Address: 333A Penn Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom