Registered Veterinary Nurse Required For Maternity Cover At St Georges Vets, Wolverhampton.
St George's Vets, Wolverhampton
Susana Belles Jimenez
Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United KingdomThe Role
We are looking for an out of hours qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse to provide maternity cover for approximately 12 months starting in May 2021. The ideal candidate will be passionate about providing a gold standard level of care to all patients and clients. You will be required to undertake general nursing duties including inpatient care, medical nursing, anaesthesia and you will be comfortable answering and triaging phone calls from clients.
• OOH role
• Working 7 nights on, 7 nights off, 7 nights on, 7 nights off then 5 days.
• Scope for some flexibility with the rota
Our animal hospital, based in the centre of Wolverhampton, is equipped with a CT scanner, in-house blood machines, digital x-ray, ultrasound, capnography and dental x-ray. We have a dedicated and friendly out of hours team and when on shift, the successful candidate will be accompanied by a veterinary surgeon and an animal care assistant. We are an RCVS accredited hospital and work to provide high standards of veterinary care to all patients.
Candidates will need to be a qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse, competent and experienced. The ideal candidate will need to have had experience working out of hours, dealing with emergencies and critical care.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £550 CPD allowance per annum
• RCVS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Job Ref: BH2567
Address: 8 St George’s Parade, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom